2023 BOA Waco (Oct. 28)

LeanderMomma

As a Wylie band student myself, I say that we have a good chance at making top 3. This is our best year so far and our results so far have been very revealing to some of the top bands in the state that we have competed against so far. I say that with the best show we have ever performed that day we may even catch a caption too. Just my opinion 

5 minutes ago, Band Nerd 360 said:

As a Wylie band student myself, I say that we have a good chance at making top 3. This is our best year so far and our results so far have been very revealing to some of the top bands in the state that we have competed against so far. I say that with the best show we have ever performed that day we may even catch a caption too. Just my opinion 

I think yall definitely have a strong shot at winning, would be very surprised if yall were outside of the top 3. Best of luck! 

3 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I think yall definitely have a strong shot at winning, would be very surprised if yall were outside of the top 3. Best of luck! 

If we beat CTJ we will definitely make state finals. We have always been pretty close at making finals but we just never have. This year we think it’s time that we show the state what we can do!

10 minutes ago, Band Nerd 360 said:

If we beat CTJ we will definitely make state finals. We have always been pretty close at making finals but we just never have. This year we think it’s time that we show the state what we can do!

CTJ isn't going anymore, which is sad for them but definitely increases yall's chances of winning! 

Okay, so is there anyone here FROM Azle that can 100% confirm or deny whether they are coming here and Area or not? They are on the final schedule, the contest site and the Box5 Instagram page video for this comp, so if anyone 100% knows that either goes their or has a kid/family member there that confirm that would be great. 

2 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Okay, so is there anyone here FROM Azle that can 100% confirm or deny whether they are coming here and Area or not? They are on the final schedule, the contest site and the Box5 Instagram page video for this comp, so if anyone 100% knows that either goes their or has a kid/family member there that confirm that would be great. 

Looking at what’s happening with Area F right now, I wonder if they kept BOA Waco on the calendar in case of weather impacting Area F (which seems more likely than not at this point.) If Area F gets postponed to a different date, hopefully we will get to see them shine in Waco!

On 10/22/2023 at 8:34 PM, ReginaPhalange said:

Here are my predictions for this contest!  I do not think Azle is participating anymore because it is not on their band's calendar and they have Area on the same day.

1. Wylie

2. Dripping Springs 

3. Clear Brook

4. Moe & Gene Johnson 

5. McKinney 

6. Rock Hill 

7. Winston Churchill

8. Cypress Falls

9. Lake Ridge

10. Braswell

11. Plano East

12. New Braunfels

13. James Martin

14. Garland

15. San Marcos 

16. Midway

17. Harker Heights

18. Waco

19. Glen Rose

20. Meridian

I don’t see falls making it to finals I see them in more of the 15-19 range 

3 hours ago, JamesNorris22 said:

I don’t see falls making it to finals I see them in more of the 15-19 range 

I love Cypress Falls but I have to agree. Man that program was on the ups only a few years ago, San Antonio finals and promising placements. Really scratching my head to what happened.

1 hour ago, lost said:

I love Cypress Falls but I have to agree. Man that program was on the ups only a few years ago, San Antonio finals and promising placements. Really scratching my head to what happened.

After their 2016 BOA SA Finals appearance, I know their head director went to work at the new Bridgeland high school, but even after that, they seemed relatively fine, had a bit of hiccup, and didn’t do as well(not placing in SA finals in 2017)but that’s to be expected as  we’ve seen with CTJ, but after that they got back on their feet, and we’re fine for the next few years, but after 2021 it seems like they’ve only gone down from then since. Don’t know if it’s morale, poor rehearsals, but I’m just really really hoping they can get back in jt.

On 12/19/2022 at 9:39 AM, LeanderMomma said:

The 2023 Waco Regional will be held Oct. 28 at Panther-Hewett stadium at Midway HS in Waco, TX.

OFFICIAL SCHEDULE AS OF 10/23/23:

9:45 - Plano East H.S., TX
10:00 - Garland H.S., TX
10:15 - Midway H.S., TX
10:30 - San Marcos H.S., TX
10:45 - Glen Rose H.S., TX
11:00 - M.G. Johnson H.S., TX
11:15 - Rock Hill H.S., TX
11:30 - McKinney H.S., TX

BREAK

12:30 - Wylie H.S., TX
12:45 - Clear Brook H.S., TX
1:00 - New Braunfels H.S., TX
1:15 - Harker Heights H.S., TX
1:30 - Winston Churchill H.S., TX
1:45 - Meridian H.S., TX

BREAK

2:30 - Dripping Springs H.S., TX
2:45 - Braswell H.S., TX
3:00 - Azle H.S., TX
3:15 - James Martin H.S., TX
3:30 - Lake Ridge H.S., TX
3:45 - Waco H.S., TX
4:00 - Cypress Falls H.S., TX

CLASS A:
Glen Rose H.S., TX
Meridian H.S., TX

CLASS AAA:
Clear Brook H.S., TX
Garland H.S., TX
Midway H.S., TX
Rock Hill H.S., TX
Waco H.S., TX
Winston Churchill H.S., TX

CLASS AAAA:
Braswell H.S., TX
Cypress Falls H.S., TX
Dripping Springs H.S., TX
Harker Heights H.S., TX
James Martin H.S., TX
Lake Ridge H.S., TX
M.G. Johnson H.S., TX
McKinney H.S., TX
New Braunfels H.S., TX
San Marcos H.S., TX
Wylie H.S., TX

Schedule updated again. Honestly I still don’t know if Azle is going. 

11 hours ago, lost said:

Yeah it’s an unfortunate sight to see. I just hope they can get back up on their feet soon. And who knows maybe they will end up surprising us at Waco