2022-23 Area C Predictions?

Prosper, I LOVE the contrast demonstrated in the opening moment between the high and low brass. Those quarter note stabs(Are they marked marcato?) in the low brass are POTENT. Very exposed music and visual material for the band. Super easy to tell if any one person performs out of sync with the group but they handled it greatly! 

Good job woodwinds! I think their woodwinds were stronger individually than they were as a section. Their features were sometimes not in synch with one another but you can still tell this was a great section nonetheless! 

WHEW! Flomo does so well at playing with just the right amount of balance and blend even while on the move. All technical passages are CRYSTAL clear. FANTASTIC job maintaining the integrity of the ensemble’s sound during long phrases. 

I love the complex, super exposed drill formations they attempt and execute with such PRECISION 

and the guard was great in their characters and performance skills

Edited by Dallas Hobbs

2 hours ago, peshbandkid said:

After hearing about some of the electronic failures from PESH, I am not surprised to see them miss finals (although extremely dissapointed :()

With that being said, this was one of our strongest years since the 2016 state appearance. I am incredibly proud of how much we've grown from last year and I cannot wait to see what they do in the coming years! 

They'll get there!  Was sad to hear of the issues today but I know they are really committed to building up the program and you could see that this year.  I hope they can eventually build the band size up again because I think that will help too.  

What makes Hebron Hebron is the intensity every..single..note is given! No lulls in the intensity whatsoever! The technical mastery was out of this world! Dynamic contrast was otherworldly! They can crescendo form piano to fortissimo with exceptional ease!! Also Who knew there exists a quadruple forte? Hebron did! I love the woodwinds in the ballad! They project so well under the soloists and then take over with fantastic tuning in the upper woodwinds. 

Marcus performs with what I call subtle intensity. They play rhythms that sound simple with exceptionally great tuning, balance and control, all while marching or doing choreography. That double-tonguing feature with the high brass has cleaned up nicely over time. I love how well the low brass juxtaposes them with their (deceptively) simple accompaniment. 

those woodwind runs were pristine! The tuning and timing of that section in the show has come along nicely. 

I love how at the throughout the ballad there wasn’t a single odd sound in the ensemble. Pristine and clear all throughout. They built up to the ballad’’s climax perfectly! 

and they march both simple and complex formations with fantastically strong fundamentals! They make everything look easy when it isn’t!

Rock Hill is such a clean band! The first thing that stood out to me was their visual proficiency with fast-paced drill moves. Not at all easy to do. And they play with such confident, mature sounds! You can’t even tell how young the school is! I love how well the woodwinds play those grace notes! Every little note is crystal clear and perfectly timed!