5. Rockwall

6. Wylie East

7.  Prosper

8. Rock Hill

9. Sachse

10. Boyd

11. PEHS

12. Heath

pretty much my list, although I'd have Wylie East, Prosper and Rock Hill all up one and probably Sachse to and then Rockwall. Rockwall has a great show but they have yet to beat any of these groups, especially Wylie East and Prosper, who were both way ahead of them last weekend at boa North Texas. And yes, it is UIL but I think they are still significantly ahead of Rockwall 

On 9/10/2022 at 1:40 PM, ClarinetKing said:

This area is a complete blood bath at this point and needs to be realigned. There are way too many state level bands in this area that aren’t getting well deserved state spots. Prosper, Sachse, Wylie, Wylie East, and Rockwall are all easily state competitors but they just aren’t all going to get a spot. Again with the bloodbath. I also hear that Prosper’s Rock hill is a very exciting up and coming program that could also be a potential state competitor after placing in finals in every competition they attended last season. McKinney also dove in head first at the WMI last year placing above many 5A state finalists and Area C state contenders but were robbed of even making finals last year at area. Prosper got moved down to 7th last year at area but let’s not forget that they were a BOA grand national finalist as recently as 2018. So honestly with how unpredictable the judging was last year there is really no way to tell.  

Amen. Idk why the powers that be from UIL that realigned our region C thought putting 3 power house programs in 1 region was okay?! If that’s the case. Send 8-10 from our region. It truly isn’t weighted correctly. 🧐other regions have way easier competition. 

Here's my personal list

1. Flo-Mo- No matter what top 3-

2. Hebron-No matter what top 3  No videos found

3. Marcus-Top 5 No videos found

4. Wylie-Top 5

5. Wylie East- Top 7

6. Rockwall- Pretty Cool

7.  Prosper- Havent seen but y'all make it sound cool

8. Rock Hill- Also haven't seen

Heath- Last time I saw was cool. Heard it wasn't finished

10. Sachse- LOVE IT but not enough to place it higher

11. Boyd- Top 15

12. Plainfiel-Top 15

1 hour ago, Laura Riker said:

Amen. Idk why the powers that be from UIL that realigned our region C thought putting 3 power house programs in 1 region was okay?! If that’s the case. Send 8-10 from our region. It truly isn’t weighted correctly. 🧐other regions have way easier competition. 

Flower Mound, Hebron, and Marcus will always be in the same region because they are a part of the same school district.

Tier Predictions

Winning Medals and going to state: Flower Mound, Hebron, Marcus

State Bubble: Wylie, Wylie East, Prosper, Rock Hill

Since only 6 go onto state, 1 of these schools gets left out. Unsuprisingly, I can't tell you which school will be.

(Probably) Safe In FinalsSachse

They've been undeniably strong so far this year and will likely make it in. 

Finals Bubble: McKinney Boyd, Rockwall, Plano East, Lewisville, Rockwall Heath, ?Rowlett?

Here's where the competiton lies. We haven't seen Boyd since WMI where they got 7th, but I am sure they have cleaned up since. Rockwall and Plano East were neck-and-neck at McKinney, and both likely still had much to add. Rowlett beat Heath at Royse City, but I think they both are just a slight step behind the others.

Lewisville is the most volatile of the bunch. They beat Plano East and Rockwall by a significant margin at McKinney while trailing only the Wylie schools, which makes me think they are closer to Sachse than the bubble. As mentioned, those groups were incomplete at McKinney, so there is some debate.

All I know for certain is that at least 3 state level bands will be left out because of the difficulty of this Area. Same goes for Area B

1 hour ago, peshbandkid said:

Tier Predictions

Winning Medals and going to state: Flower Mound, Hebron, Marcus

State Bubble: Wylie, Wylie East, Prosper, Rock Hill

Since only 6 go onto state, 1 of these schools gets left out. Unsuprisingly, I can't tell you which school will be.

(Probably) Safe In FinalsSachse

They've been undeniably strong so far this year and will likely make it in. 

Finals Bubble: McKinney Boyd, Rockwall, Plano East, Lewisville, Rockwall Heath, ?Rowlett?

Here's where the competiton lies. We haven't seen Boyd since WMI where they got 7th, but I am sure they have cleaned up since. Rockwall and Plano East were neck-and-neck at McKinney, and both likely still had much to add. Rowlett beat Heath at Royse City, but I think they both are just a slight step behind the others.

Lewisville is the most volatile of the bunch. They beat Plano East and Rockwall by a significant margin at McKinney while trailing only the Wylie schools, which makes me think they are closer to Sachse than the bubble. As mentioned, those groups were incomplete at McKinney, so there is some debate.

All I know for certain is that at least 3 state level bands will be left out because of the difficulty of this Area. Same goes for Area B

I'm not sure about Rowlett over Heath. Yes, Rowlett got a higher ranking at Royse City but I heard throughout the whole Royse City competition, there was a judging inconsistency. I honestly think Heath is the better band but I could be wrong. Like flute4flight said, that Heath's not done with their show so I think it be cleaned up more. At Mckinney, I heard Rockwall had a terrible run, I honestly Heath has a bigger chance to make finals then Lewisville. 

29 minutes ago, SaxPapi101 said:

I'm not sure about Rowlett over Heath. Yes, Rowlett got a higher ranking at Royse City but I heard throughout the whole Royse City competition, there was a judging inconsistency. I honestly think Heath is the better band but I could be wrong. Like flute4flight said, that Heath's not done with their show so I think it be cleaned up more. At Mckinney, I heard Rockwall had a terrible run, I honestly Heath has a bigger chance to make finals then Lewisville. 

I think what helps Rowlett is being one of the last 6th to last. Heath will go first in the day, which in this Area could be the difference.

18 hours ago, BandFan59 said:

Flower Mound, Hebron, and Marcus will always be in the same region because they are a part of the same school district.

Imagine what it will be like if Lewisville HS improves to the same level ? Their two directors are new (2 years in) and both came from one of the FloMo feeder middle schools.

17 hours ago, Dave609 said:

is anyone else going to be at this contest? I will be there recording all of prelims, and possibly finals if my camera survives :). Can't wait to see who advances to finals and to State!

My top 12-

Top 3 will go to Hebron, Flower Mound, and Marcus

4, 5, and 6, I would say could be between plenty of bands, but the main ones that I feel have the highest chance of taking it are Wylie, Wylie East, and spot 6 being up for grabs between Rockwall, Rock Hill, McKinney Boyd, Lewisville (They are the Dark Horse for me in this Area), Prosper, and Sasche.

The rest of finals- This one could be a toss up as it has shown in the past that there are bands who are worthy for finals that end up getting placed in spots you wouldn't expect. I would say that Plano East, Rockwall Heath or McKinney are the three I would see making it into finals if one or more bands above didn't do as well.

Bands that possibly won't make finals, but could be in the top 15, the only two I see making it into the top 15 is Allen and Rowlett.

I'm going!

3 hours ago, FloMoDad said:

Imagine what it will be like if Lewisville HS improves to the same level ? Their two directors are new (2 years in) and both came from one of the FloMo feeder middle schools.

I went to Region 2 UIL, and Lewisville was really good. Great overall sound, clean marching, I didn't hear anyone sticking out. I think they're building up to that level.

I think this acts as the event thread anyway since most the information has been posted here anyway lol

here is the schedule:

1 hour ago, Vidal28 said:

It’s weird that Area C has a “prediction” thread but no actual event thread, I feel like it precludes some information about the even not being talked about or shared. 
My long winded way of asking for someone to please post the schedule haha. Can’t find it on the Area page!!

IMG_20221022_201945_749.jpg