Best bands in Dallas (The city, not the competition)

Have a link to their shows?

Watched haltom yesterday and for where there are they are doing great . The director even said that they are no where near what they will be and they are just getting into . They have to add a tarp and 2 more movements and pollish but I'm excited what they present at boa Atlanta this year !

• 1 month later...

How is Frisco Centennial not mentioned here?  They don't go to boa contests, but they beat Wakeland, Liberty and Martin at Plano East Marching Invitational last year.  They were 9th in state in 2015 right behind Wakeland, they'll be higher this year with most of the Leander ISD schools moving up to 6A.

Granted they are a step below the Lewisville ISD schools and LD Bell but beyond that they're right in the hunt.

1:Hebron
2:Flower Mound
3:Marcus
4:LD Bell
5:Keller
6:Keller Central
7:Waxahachie
8:Berkner
9:Frisco Centennial
10:Wakeland

Honorable Mention:   Coppell, Keller Timber Creek, Plano East, Duncanville, Arlington Martin, Haltom, Richland

Edited by Majellan

How is Frisco Centennial not mentioned here? They don't go to boa contests, but they beat Wakeland, Liberty and Martin at Plano East Marching Invitational last year. They were 9th in state in 2015 right behind Wakeland, they'll be higher this year with most of the Leander ISD schools moving up to 6A.

Granted they are a step below the Lewisville ISD schools and LD Bell but beyond that they're right in the hunt.

Honorable Mention: Coppell, Keller Timber Creek, Plano East, Duncanville, Arlington Martin, Haltom, Richland

I honestly don't believe Keller central is anywhere near Haltom and Richland ! Just my opinion but they would blow Keller central out of the water ! Both shows from both schools are breathtaking

How is Frisco Centennial not mentioned here?  They don't go to boa contests, but they beat Wakeland, Liberty and Martin at Plano East Marching Invitational last year.  They were 9th in state in 2015 right behind Wakeland, they'll be higher this year with most of the Leander ISD schools moving up to 6A.

Honorable Mention:   Coppell, Keller Timber Creek, Plano East, Duncanville, Arlington Martin, Haltom, Richland

hmmm I would move Keller Central and Frisco Centennial into the HM category and move Coppell and Haltom into the 6-10 slots. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. Flowermound

2. Hebron

3. Marcus

4. LD Bell

5. Prosper

6. Keller

7. Coppel

8. Wakeland

9. Keller Central

10. Centennial

^^ Based on recent HEB marching contest scores. Prosper was named grand champion over Coppel in 2nd and Wakeland in 3rd.. I think Prosper will definitely top out their area contest and most likely be top 3 at state. LD Bell and Prosper are very closely comparable. Considering their show designer is the same guy.. I consider them both tied for 4th in the Dallas area.

Well that much would justify Prosper being ahead of Coppell and Wakeland but how do you justify them being ahead of Keller?

1. Flowermound

2. Hebron

3. Marcus

4. LD Bell

5. Prosper

6. Keller

7. Coppel

8. Wakeland

9. Keller Central

10. Centennial

^^ Based on recent HEB marching contest scores. Prosper was named grand champion over Coppel in 2nd and Wakeland in 3rd.. I think Prosper will definitely top out their area contest and most likely be top 3 at state. LD Bell and Prosper are very closely comparable. Considering their show designer is the same guy.. I consider them both tied for 4th in the Dallas area.

With all due respect, I just don't see Prosper that high.  Yes, Prosper won HEB....I'm sure they are great (we will find out in the next couple of weeks) and have made great strides over the last couple of years but Keller finished 5th in 6A state last year...ahead of Bell, Reagan, Leander and The Woodlands. If you know anything about Texas marching bands, you know that is some insanely, great competition.

Having seen both Keller and Prosper this year I believe prosper has a potentially better show.

Tons of layering and for the most part extremely clean visually and musically. Not to mention their outstanding percussion section.. What are they feeding those kids?!?

Keller has a stellar program and the band has been good for a long time. However history can only get you so far.. Prosper has a fresh and new aspect which i believe has the potential to carry them to great success. I can see how it may seem like a long shot but if you ever saw the Prosper band last year they’ve made HUGE strides since then. If Prosper had attended BOA Southlake i’m positive they would’ve topped out in 3rd or 4th closely behind FloMo and Hebron.. Same for Keller of course. But I just believe Prosper has a stronger show this year.

So in a logical sense (Based on history and past scores) you may be correct, but I urge you to catch Prosper this weekend at area contest. Truly a breathtaking show. So much potential.

Trust me...I'm not saying Prosper isn't great.  We're about to find out at 5A state....it's a pretty widely held belief that Cedar Park is going to win 5A.  Beat Cedar Park for the state title and then we'll talk.  Winning HEB is great and Prosper should be very proud.  But getting 9th at a blood-bath contest like BOA San Antonio (like Cedar Park - 2016) is a completely different thing. 

Since the Prosper band seems to be getting such great publicity and support in this thread, I thought I would present a little bit of a/v evidence for the masses to consider.  Personally, I would say that their show seems to have a lot going on visually, but the execution is not on par with your perennial State-level bands like Wakeland and Centennial.  We shall see how they stack up on Saturday, and I wish them the best of luck at Grand Nats.   

Flower Mound 79.90

Keller Central 71.50

Keller 70.40

Prosper 69.30

Waxahachie 67.30

Frisco Lone Star 64.00

Euless Trinity 61.90

Weatherford 56.10

Carter Riverside 46.10

Here are some scores from Birdville contest just last year. Prosper trailed behind Keller by LESS than a point. Having seen Keller’s 2017 production and also Prospers it is evident that Prosper has the stronger show. Keller seems to have been a steady program for a couple of years and lately there hasn’t been much change.. Prosper has surpassed that.

Keller later went on to win a very competitive area competition and place 5th at state. Birdville results mean nothing in the long run. Keller Central (nothing against them, just giving facts) didn’t qualify for state by over 5 places.

Early season results mean nothing and Keller is known to improve drastically over the season. Prosper is good but you can not just look at uncharacteristic early results.

Flower Mound 79.90

Keller Central 71.50

Keller 70.40

Prosper 69.30

Waxahachie 67.30

Frisco Lone Star 64.00

Euless Trinity 61.90

Weatherford 56.10

Carter Riverside 46.10

Here are some scores from Birdville contest just last year. Prosper trailed behind Keller by LESS than a point. Having seen Keller’s 2017 production and also Prospers it is evident that Prosper has the stronger show. Keller seems to have been a steady program for a couple of years and lately there hasn’t been much change.. Prosper has surpassed that.

I was there at that contest last year. Keller had an uncharacteristically weak run in prelims, while Keller Central did pretty well in their prelims run. Finals was rained out, so prelims scores were taken as final. Had finals not been rained out, Keller would have jumped up two or more points above Central. For reference, Richland, in exhibition there, probably would have scores somewhere in the 73-76 range. So, I think it's more correct to say that Prosper was at that point just beginning to come somewhat near the performance level of Keller Central.

• 3 weeks later...

1.Hebron

2.Marcus

3. Flowermound

4. Keller

5. LD Bell

6. Timber Creek

7. Coppell

8.Wakeland

9. Prosper

10. Keller Central

Decent list but how to account for leaving Waxahachie, Haltom and Richland out of this list?  Waxahachie and Richland just beat Prosper at State.  And after the year Haltom had, they deserve to be at least #6....maybe higher than Bell.  In fact, yeah, they should be higher than Bell.

Decent list but how to account for leaving Waxahachie, Haltom and Richland out of this list? Waxahachie and Richland just beat Prosper at State. And after the year Haltom had, they deserve to be at least #6....maybe higher than Bell. In fact, yeah, they should be higher than Bell.

TOTALLY forgot about them, will fix.

I like your list! I would have to say that Wylie should be in consideration, also! Probably around Coppell or Wakeland.

If we are going off of past history rather than this year especially, duncanville should be on the list, and maybe Berkner. Also Aledo is another great group, though I wouldn't say they were better than those you listed. Argyle deserves recognition for their dominance in their class, too.