Best bands in San Antonio(The city, not the competition)

Interesting....5-10 are tough because of how close it was at Area H as well as BOA San Antonio, and different bands beat each other at different contests but not at others.

1. Reagan

2. Johnson

3. Churchill

4. New Braunfels

5. Stevens

6. O'Connor

7. Seguin

8. Judson

9. Madison

10. Smithson Valley

Can you please explain why you put the bands where they are?

Top 3 are obvious. NB at 4th because they tied Churchill @ 6A Area D finals and have several years of Area finalist success.  Stevens in 5th because of their 13th place finish at BOA Austin.

For the remainder it's very close; much closer than the Top 5.  But since O'Connor, Seguin and Judson have enjoyed many years of competitive success while Madison has risen only recently I put those 3 ahead of Madison (O'Connor @6th because of their high Area H prelims placement and they've been successful in both UIL and BOA including having some great breakout years, and Seguin @7th because they've consistently been more successful than Judson @ UIL).  Smithson Valley may have beaten Madison at Area H, but only by a tiny bit, and Madison also went to BOA San Antonio and ranked well, even surpassing bands that I ranked ahead of it....so I didn't see much reason to place S.Valley above Madison.

Other bands that almost made the list were Brandeis and Taft.

So I have been thinking. I have decided from here on out I want this thread to be rankings of schools based on competition analysis during the season, and during the off-season I want people to compare how the bands did in the recent season and how they have done historically to base their rankings. This goes into effect now.

So I have been thinking. I have decided from here on out I want this thread to be rankings of schools based on competition analysis during the season, and during the off-season I want people to compare how the bands did in the recent season and how they have done historically to base their rankings. This goes into effect now.

why yes, your highness.

• 2 weeks later...

Top 3 - Johnson, Reagan, Churchill - no other program in town can beat any of these three.

4 to 10 - O'Connor, Madison, Judson, MacArthur, Stevens, Brandeis, Steele

Prediction: look for MacArthur to possibly outperform all but the top 3.

What reasons make you believe mac will do that after they placed by far the lowest at BOA SA last year, and from what I remember didn't even make area?

What reasons make you believe mac will do that after they placed by far the lowest at BOA SA last year, and from what I remember didn't even make area?

Because although they have had a rough year, that dosent mean they cannot bounce back. They have had some incredibly entertaining, well performed shows (2014 comes to mind), and have the potential to really shine this year.

• 1 year later...