2017 BOA San Antonio Super Regionals Predictions

It might just mean that your internet connection is less stable, but I'm no expert lol. That's usually what caused my similar issues.

Last post regarding this - I'm an IT professional and am well aware of the quality of my Internet connection, which is actually very good. I pay quite a bit to ensure that. Not a factor in this issue.

Keller was fantastic. There was some phasing between the pit and the woodwinds at the beginning that gave me pause, but it was quickly dispelled. So much wonderful playing. Loved the end of the opener when the drill pulls apart into those two arrows. Ballad is definitely by Carol Britten Chambers and had a CTJ feel to it. I do wish it had a melody that felt a little bit more complete. As it stands, it sounds like an extended motif, but the playing is so beautiful that I didn't mind it all that much. Some lapses in the visual performance throughout, but I'd be surprised if it's enough to keep them out of finals.

I think Oak Ridge is improving every year and could see themselves in finals in the coming years. Huge wall of sound to start off the show. Lots of impressive playing sprinkled throughout. Goes from Bell to Star of Indiana 93 with the Bartok and back again. I think they could work on developing a style that is more unique to them. Not all of those long elegant forms really clicked, but I appreciated the effort.

Keller is definitely one of those band hotspots. I think that Timber Creek might be the next big thing.

There are so many bands on the move each year - Cy-Fair, Oak Ridge, Keller Central, Timber Creek just to name a few and it is really exciting. Keller and Hendrickson have, in my opinion, already moved in to the consistent finalist-caliber bands in the last few years. Hendrickson is definitely ready for the Grand Nationals and Keller has already been there and done that. I think we may have a couple of upsets this year for the finals. Predicting who will make the bottom half is the most difficult this year than any other that I can think of.