2017 BOA San Antonio Super Regionals Predictions

"Big, loud bands"? I think that way undersells the outstanding musicianship of the 3 LISD bands you listed.

there is more to BOA than Music - visual and effect are key and at the end of the day, it is about the show, and can you pull the audience into the theme of that show. the LISD have a great music clarity and they should be proud of their show, but there is more to it on the field

otherwise this would just be a UIL compitition

Good Luck tomorrow

there is more to BOA than Music - visual and effect are key and at the end of the day, it is about the show, and can you pull the audience into the theme of that show. the LISD have a great music clarity and they should be proud of their show, but there is more to it on the field

otherwise this would just be a UIL compitition

Good Luck tomorrow

And absolutely nothing I said contradicts any of that.

LD Bell was definitely better than last year. Solid performance and design, although lacking the energy of the old Bell. (To their credit, it was 7:30 in the morning!) Some of the woodwinds in the opening ensemble were a bit above the pitch, as was the horn ensemble later on. Some dirty moving files throughout. Finalist? Well, I haven't watched anyone else, so... who knows. Looked finalist-worthy to me.

Really enjoyed Coppell's show! And for a high school band at that size to be that clean was pretty impressive! LD Bell was quite good. For the first 2/3 they looked and sounded like a finalist. Then in the last movement there were quite a few visual errors. They could be a finalist, and I hope they are since I enjoy the show, it just lost steam towards the end visually

The Coppell band is just brimming with outstanding players. I'm always so impressed by the musicianship of this group -- and the many other top notch programs in Texas. It really shines during the soloist moments. Loved the colorful big hit of the ballad. Also, the minute I heard the beginning of Vogue in the closer, I said, "Woo!" out loud. I've been waiting for that since the Dallas regional! Somebody very fabulous wrote this show.

The Coppell band is just brimming with outstanding players. I'm always so impressed by the musicianship of this group -- and the many other top notch programs in Texas. It really shines during the soloist moments. Loved the colorful big hit of the ballad. Also, the minute I heard the beginning of Vogue in the closer, I said, "Woo!" out loud. I've been waiting for that since the Dallas regional! Somebody very fabulous wrote this show.

I love the execution of Cedar Ridge’s Vogue section a bit more. Still like Coppell’s show though.

Dan Potter is keeping the energy up. Great announcing.

No ads for me during bands. I'd be super angry if it were happening.

Well, exactly why I posted. This is the 4th competition that this has happened to me. I'm sure there are multiple servers providing feeds and I am apparently receiving from the one(s) that randomly plays ads. Glad it's not on all feeds!