3A Area C - North Lamar, Spring Hill, Henderson, Atlanta

3A Area D - Burnet, China Spring, Kennedale, Springtown, Castleberry

3A Area E - Fredericksburg, Rio Hondo, Port Isabel, La Grulla, Hidalgo

5A Area A - Keller, El Paso Coronado, Keller Central, Fossil Ridge

5A Area B - Marcus, Hebron, Plano East, LD Bell, Richland

5A Area C - Duncanville, Coppell, Berkner, Rowlett

5A Area D - Bowie, CT Johnson, Reagan, Westlake, Lake Travis, Hendrickson

5A Area E - Clements, Langham Creek, Seven Lakes, Cy Fair

5A Area F - Spring, Pearland, Woodlands, Brazoswood, Clear Brook, Dickinson, Clear Lake

5A Area G - United, Hanna, Harlingen, Harlingen South, Donna, San Benito, Lopez, O'Connor

where will we find the order of finals placement? Area A in particular. With social networking, a lot of controversy. So an official list would be amazing! :rolleyes:

Actual order normally isn't officially released for Area. Sometimes we are able to obtain the actual order, but it takes a little bit of time to get confirmation.

Yes, Area A, what???? Timber Creek was way up at the top of the predictions by people who know what they are looking at. Really?

:o

Here's what I was told by someone that was there, They were ranked 2nd place in prelims after a phenomenal performance. Apparently in finals they had a less than stellar performance and dropped to 6th. Area A's been really bad about NEVER releasing recaps, so unless you know a director or member, we likely won't see that breakdown, ever.

Here's what I was told by someone that was there, They were ranked 2nd place in prelims after a phenomenal performance. Apparently in finals they had a less than stellar performance and dropped to 6th. Area A's been really bad about NEVER releasing recaps, so unless you know a director or member, we likely won't see that breakdown, ever.

Thanks for the information. Too bad it's not accurate about the second performance being not as good as the first. Also, they were 5th in the finals.

Edited by cb1132

Here are the results from my source, they saw the sheets:

Prelims

1. Keller *

2. Timber Creek, Mansfield *

3. Keller Central *

4. Fossil Ridge, Keller *

5. Coronado, El Paso *

6. El Dorado, El Paso *

7. Abilene *

8. Northwest, Justin *

9. Americas, El Paso *

10. Denton Ryan *

11. Midland

12. Lee, Midland

13. Eastwood, El Paso

14. Permian, Odessa

15. Odessa

16. San Angelo Central

17. Franklin, El Paso

18. Cooper, Abilene

19. Coronado, Lubbock

20. Bel Air, El Paso

21. Socorro, El Paso

22. Montwood, El Paso

23, Tascosa, Amarillo

* Advance to Finals

Finals

1. Keller #

2. Coronado #

3. Keller Central #

4. Fossil Ridge #

5. El Dorado

6. Timber Creek

7. Americas

8. Abilene

9. Northwest

10. Denton Ryan

Well here is what we know. For prelims we were in fact ranked 2nd overall which could have been 1st but some judge decided to give us 10th in music, (the likes of which escapes me) and as for finals....

We are all shocked, in our hearts we know it wasn't the best performance but we gave All we had. We ended up 5th not 6th as we are first alternate. After having directors and members from bands that did make it and come up to you and say that "we deserved this" and " I don't know what happened", I guess you could say it was quite an upset :( We made some great memories too though, so at least now, people know not to mess with Timber Creek!!! Watch out because 2014 is our year!!! ;)

Well here is what we know. For prelims we were in fact ranked 2nd overall which could have been 1st but some judge decided to give us 10th in music, (the likes of which escapes me) and as for finals....

We are all shocked, in our hearts we know it wasn't the best performance but we gave All we had. We ended up 5th not 6th as we are first alternate. After having directors and members from bands that did make it and come up to you and say that "we deserved this" and " I don't know what happened", I guess you could say it was quite an upset :( We made some great memories too though, so at least now, people know not to mess with Timber Creek!!! Watch out because 2014 is our year!!! ;)

I think you guys deserved to advance regardless of what happened, thanks for the clarification on placements! Amazing show you should all be proud of! Not sure how...a certain band jumped up so far, you guys should have been in their place.

I'mjust blown away by all these scores that are coming back.... This year is truly a new beginning of marching band for Texas... Its not just LD Bell and Marcus anymore.... Its a lot more then that know.... A lot of band are starting to all get better... Watch Out 2014 5A state becasue its going to be really surprising and this years State at the Alamodome.... I wish all the 2012 bands the best of luck for the rest of the year and for those that are done with marching band, just keep this in mind. It dosen't matter what any judge thinks about a band.. The experience, the hard work, and the passion that you had in band is what matters the most! Don't destroy yourself just becasue a few judges broke your heart.. What truly matters is the experience... Hope you guys have the rest of 2012-2013 the best high school year you've every had, becasue I had the last best HS Band experience this year... <3 You All =D

P.S. And GOOD LUCK AT STATE, BOA San Antonio AND BOA GRAND NATS!!!!

P.P.S. GO CLASS OF 2013!!!!

This is all I can remember about scoring for finals for Area B

Marcus - 5

Hebron - 13

Plano East - 21(?-I think)

LD Bell - 24

Richland - 25

Haltom - 26

Check out 4, 5, & 6. Just wow.

Thanks for the info. Quick mention:

Flower Mound, not Haltom, got 6th place. I wonder if Haltom's score was right there, also.

Edited by anthony v

Flower Mound, not Haltom, got 6th place. I wonder if Haltom's score was right there, also.

Actually the previous post was indeed accurate, Haltom was 6th and Flower Mound was 7th at Area B Finals.

I saw the rankings with my own eyes :-)

Yep. I, too, saw the actual finals caps. I can't remember Plano East(sorry guys and congrats to you!!). But the other scores are right on the money. Side note: The order was actually listed in reverse from 7th to 1st AT the finals announcement. First alternate announced, Flower Mound, was 7th. Next alternate, Haltom, was 6th. Then, he said the finalists are: Richland(5), LD Bell(4), Plano East(3), Hebron(2), and Marcus(1). So we knew before we left what place everyone was, including Haltom.

Edited by TXMarchingMadness87654

Yep. I, too, saw the actual finals caps. I can't remember Plano East(sorry guys and congrats to you!!). But the other scores are right on the money. Side note: The order was actually listed in reverse from 7th to 1st AT the finals announcement. First alternate announced, Flower Mound, was 7th. Next alternate, Haltom, was 6th. Then, he said the finalists are: Richland(5), LD Bell(4), Plano East(3), Hebron(2), and Marcus(1). So we knew before we left what place everyone was, including Haltom.

Do you know the prelims scores from the top like 5 band? I heard that in Prelims Hebron and Marcus were really close

Do you know the prelims scores from the top like 5 band? I heard that in Prelims Hebron and Marcus were really close

I'm sorry. I didn't see the scores from prelims. My understanding is that there was a wide margin from 1st & 2nd to 3rd on and that Haltom and LD Bell were close, which I think Daniel also said on his live blog from there.

I don't know if Marcus and Hebron were close or not after prelims. If I do get a hold of the scores, I'll post them.

I can't tell you how exciting it was to be able to sit and watch all 10 bands in finals. The crowd was so great, too!

Best of luck to all bands who advanced. What a tough/crazy competition!

Prelims Top 11:

1  - Marcus			   -  1  3  1,  2  3 = 102  - Hebron			   -  2  1  2,  6  2 = 133  - Flower Mound		 -  3  5  6,  7  1 = 224  - Plano East		   - 13  2  3,  1  7 = 265  - LD Bell			  -  8  7  5,  3  4 = 276  - Haltom			   -  6  4  8,  5  6 = 297  - Richland			 -  7  6  4,  8  5 = 308  - Boyd				 -  4  8  9, 11 10 = 429  - McKinney			 - 12  9 11,  4  8 = 4410 - Colleyville Heritage - 16 10  7, 12 11 = 5611 - Mansfield			-  5 16 12,  9 19 = 61