Area Results Thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fridays decision was only as to whether they could perform at area. Monday is the day they rule on State entry or not

Something tells me that if they could preform at area and seeing as it wasnt an actual Marching Member that they will be allowed to go to state but you never know. Could imagine a state without poteet.

I sincerely hope you aren't from Creekview because this sounds like sour grapes to me.

Nope. Not even part of the Area.

Word is that one of the judges had ranked some of the bands WAY lower than the other judges, which ruined their chances. I understand that judges are aloud to have a difference in opinions, but this one particular judge was way out in left field.

You would think that someone would have taken a second look and found out why the rankings were so different.

So many good bands coming from that Area. I wish they would have taken more!

I go to Centennial, and from what I heard, Frisco High got ranked 5th in prelims but didn't advance to state. All the bands did excellent though! I am very grateful to be a part of such a great school and district!!

Congrats on being awesome! I'm from Aledo and yours was my favorite show of the night. Fantastic arranging!

Why are Frisco bands so good???

Congrats to all bands advancing!!!!

Nope. Not even part of the Area.

Word is that one of the judges had ranked some of the bands WAY lower than the other judges, which ruined their chances. I understand that judges are aloud to have a difference in opinions, but this one particular judge was way out in left field.

You would think that someone would have taken a second look and found out why the rankings were so different.

So many good bands coming from that Area. I wish they would have taken more!

We already discussed this, sometimes that happens but this is event is subjective after all, and we have judge discrepancies. Its frustrating for sure, but it happens to everyone. I'm sure the Creekview kids were happy about their performance and that matters more than the actual result.

Congrats on being awesome! I'm from Aledo and yours was my favorite show of the night. Fantastic arranging!

All the Frisco bands are so good because of when they came around. By the time Centennial was founded (2003) Area B was already the monster that it still is today, and being almost bred in that competitive nature makes all the bands in Frisco very good. Frisco schools themselves have friendly rivalries that exist making one want to be better than the other, when CHS made state in '07 all the other bands wanted to achieve that, and Wakeland did in '09 and '11. This constant competition and desire to be the best in the district drives each of these schools to excellence.

Well congrats, I always enjoyed competing against Centennial back in the day. I'm a junior now at UT, but when I was at Wakeland we definitely tried to match Centennial because they were the standard of Frisco back when I was around. Good luck at state

Thanks so much! This is my freshman year and it's definitely going to be an exciting and memorable one! I like to think of Wakeland as our "sister school" and I'll be rooting for them at state! I'm also ready to kick serious butt though =)

So lets look at what this means for Poteet:

For the first time since the early 90's they miss state

For the first time in forever they don't win area

First time the school had someone other than Scott Coulson and Rick Davis leading them

I bet those kids are as crushed (if not more) as we were in 2003. Right Corey, or should I say TheKingCMK?

So history was made, but not on the side of the page I bet they wish it was on, good luck to everyone who advanced I look forward to a very well played and marched contest in the dome

So lets look at what this means for Poteet:

For the first time since the early 90's they miss state

I know that for official UIL purposes Poteet didn't make state this year, but in my book making state and then being disqualified on some technicality still constitutes having made state. Poteet can't claim it officially, but I don't think that matters to most band nerds who want to judge the quality of the program.

Thank you so much!! I loved your show! The standing ovation that you're band gave us really lifted up some spirits. People were going around after we performed, "ALEDO stood up for us!!" "Did you see who gave us a standing ovation?? ALEDO!!" "I can't believe Aledo did that before they even went!". It definitely earned a lot of respect for you guys here!

It's like that other person said, (sorry don't have a username!) we have friendly competitions within our area that really motivate us to work hard. Wakeland is definitely our biggest rival. We've been kind of back and forth but this year we got em' ;) haha so far, but I like to refer to them as our "sister school" and I enjoy putting up a little friendly competition and seeing them go to state along with us, but when we get there, we're ready to kick some serious butt =) We just have passion I guess is what you could say...? A lot of other people are also saying its our new band director. It's my freshman year so I didn't have Mr. Linely, but people are saying that Mr. Centura (new bd) is really having a huge impact. He came from Newman Smith. I don't have another to compare him to, but I really like him!

Good luck to you all at state!! =D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...