Area Results Thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're correct.

Proof I can't talk, text and walk at the same time. =]

And I do think early performance times Hurt creekview and the colony. I've kept up with them this season and my jaw dropped when I heard they didn't make it

How about all the Frisco bands though?? 4 of them made finals, so I think we should focus on how far Liberty and Frisco has come over the years. And of course our alma maters seemed to be peaking which is great.

Area D Finals in performance order.

Hays(8)

Cedar Ridge(9)

Hendrickson(2) 1st Alt. 5th in finals

Cedar Park(7) 3rd in finals*

Connally(4) 2nd Alt. 6th in finals

Canyon(10)

Lake Travis(5) 2nd in finals*

Vista Ridge(3)

Dripping Springs(1) 1st in finals*

Vandegrift(6) 4th in finals*

The number in the parentheses was their Prelims placement. I don't know where Hays, Cedar Ridge, Canyon, and Vista Ridge ended up placing in finals.

*ADVANCE TO STATE

Edited by Rocktapus512

Area D Finals in performance order.

Hays(8)

Cedar Ridge(9)

Hendrickson(2) 1st Alt. 5th in finals

Cedar Park(7) 3rd in finals*

Connally(4) 2nd Alt. 6th in finals

Canyon(10)

Lake Travis(5) 2nd in finals*

Vista Ridge(3)

Dripping Springs(1) 1st in finals*

Vandegrift(6) 4th in finals*

The number in the parentheses was their Prelims placement. I don't know where Hays, Cedar Ridge, Canyon, and Vista Ridge ended up placing in finals.

*ADVANCE TO STATE

Yep, UIL judges are being UIL judges. Cedar Park got 7th in prelims, that's unheard of. And for them not to get first is odd. I congratulate Dripping Springs, but am very surprised with the results. They must have really stepped up their game.

Area G:

1. Calallen HS

2. Roma HS

3. Alice HS

alt. HM King

Scores were kinda everywhere in prelims, but finals were kinda accurate. Floresville was very impressive in various ways, but didn't advance. Area G bands are VERY much improved and should definitely be in the mix in SA! Calallen and Roma march extremely well and Alice sounds pretty darn good!!!!!

This is the second mention I've seen of Poteet's potential disqualification. For those of us not quite in the loop, could someone please elaborate?! :o

An ineligible student, who was not technically a member of the band and thus did not show up on the computer-generated list of ineligible students that the directors saw, operated the sound board for Poteet at region. Although they were allowed to compete at area, they have to appeal to a board of UIL officials on Monday, who will give a ruling on whether or not they advance to state. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

An ineligible student, who was not technically a member of the band and thus did not show up on the computer-generated list of ineligible students that the directors saw, operated the sound board for Poteet at region. Although they were allowed to compete at area, they have to appeal to a board of UIL officials on Monday, who will give a ruling on whether or not they advance to state. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I was under the impression that their appeal was on Friday night, to see whether they would be allowed to compete at Area.

How about all the Frisco bands though?? 4 of them made finals, so I think we should focus on how far Liberty and Frisco has come over the years. And of course our alma maters seemed to be peaking which is great.

I go to Centennial, and from what I heard, Frisco High got ranked 5th in prelims but didn't advance to state. All the bands did excellent though! I am very grateful to be a part of such a great school and district!!

I go to Centennial, and from what I heard, Frisco High got ranked 5th in prelims but didn't advance to state. All the bands did excellent though! I am very grateful to be a part of such a great school and district!!

Well congrats, I always enjoyed competing against Centennial back in the day. I'm a junior now at UT, but when I was at Wakeland we definitely tried to match Centennial because they were the standard of Frisco back when I was around. Good luck at state

I have a question:

They didn't announce any sort of alternates for Area B, when they usually do....

Since the area is sending 6 bands already, does that mean there will be no replacement? They just cut to 5 if they lose a band for whatever reason?

For some reason they didn't announce the alternates, but I'm positive McKinney would be the first alternate and I'm not sure who placed 8th..