I want to hear from the TxBand world your bold predictions for this year! It can be any class 1A to 5A, State or BOA it doesn't matter, I just want to here some bold predictions.

Ex: Maybe a school who has never been to state making finals, or a 1st time GN band.

Dig deep and think hard, because we all have a "dark horse" and this would be a place to bring it up and explain "WHY" for your BOLD prediction.

Saying Bell, Marcus, Coppell, Duncanville, etc will make or win state is NOT bold. :angry:

Avon to GN doesn't work either!! :angry:

And don't put yourschool either!!! :angry:

Edited by TxRaider13

I want to hear from the TxBand world your bold predictions for this year! It can be any class 1A to 5A, State or BOA it doesn't matter, I just want to here some bold predictions.

Ex: Maybe a school who has never been to state making finals, or a 1st time GN band.

Dig deep and think hard, because we all have a "dark horse" and this would be a place to bring it up and explain "WHY" for your BOLD prediction.

Saying Bell, Marcus, Coppell, Duncanville, etc will make or win state is NOT bold. :angry:

Avon to GN doesn't work either!! :angry:

And don't put yourschool either!!! :angry:

gee this I thought it was too early in the season to be talking about this... at least that's what you said about state predictions.

I have yet to see Berkner this year, but IF Area C takes 4, I think Rowlett misses out again, and North Mesquite takes the last state spot. :o

Why: North seems to have come over extreme odds, almost canning the program to amazingly clean drill, and fantastic playing and visuals. The drumline is a little messy,and guard needs to click better, but they have time to make that happen.

Rowlett seemed to lack that power, and that "wow" effect this year. The music the band is playing comes across as a little to difficult, and may still be dirty come area finals.

I like both of these schools, and would be awsome if "C" took 5, but 4 would be a safe bet, and I have North for coming out of the shadows and grabbing that last spot

Ahh here is a bold one for everyone. A military band will make state this year!

I really wish the big 5A military bands would at least attend Area. I still remember seeing the greatness of Kingwood live in 1998; straight 1st place votes in Marching during Prelims and very nearly made Finals.

I really wish the big 5A military bands would at least attend Area. I still remember seeing the greatness of Kingwood live in 1998; straight 1st place votes in Marching during Prelims and very nearly made Finals.

I agree, but atleast in Area C we get Lufkin and Longview, although Kingwood was always fantastic to see. It will happen this year I can feel it

Spring High School making 5A UIL finals.

If i recall correctly, they have not made it past prelims at the 5A UIL State Marching Competition since 2000.

Also, to go out on a further limb, I predict them placing in possibly the top 5 in finals.

I make this prediction based on their recent jump from 22nd place at BOA San Antonio during prelims in 2007

to their 7th place finals finish at BOA San Antonio in 2009.

2007: http://www.musicforall.org/images/stories/...ional/txsaP.pdf

2009: http://www.musicforall.org/images/stories/...TXSA.Finals.pdf

-The reascension of Ronald Reagan. Will once again be the top North East ISD school and make the 5A state finals.

-Leander will advance to 5A state for the first time since 2000. Churchill will not advance to 5A state for the first time in I can't remember.

-Area D advancing to 5A State Will Be (in placement order):

*Bowie

*Ronald Reagan

*Pflugerville

*Leander

*Westlake

-Area B advancing to 5A State Will Be (in placement order):

*Marcus

*Hebron

*Bell

*Legacy

*Colleyville Heritage

I've seen most of the big bands the last few weeks and Bell, Berkner, and Hebron are going to have strong programs at UIL level. Marcus program plays well at BOA level for fluff content but I'm interested to see how it plays at UIL level where flash doesn't count as much. To their credit, it is a very nice visual program. Pfleugerville program is good, and much improved, but I'm not sure it's quite yet state level. I'm not sure who they have in their UIL area to beat for those spots. With Cedar Park going to 4A, that definitely opens a spot.

I've seen most of the big bands the last few weeks and Bell, Berkner, and Hebron are going to have strong programs at UIL level. Marcus program plays well at BOA level for fluff content but I'm interested to see how it plays at UIL level where flash doesn't count as much. To their credit, it is a very nice visual program. Pfleugerville program is good, and much improved, but I'm not sure it's quite yet state level. I'm not sure who they have in their UIL area to beat for those spots. With Cedar Park going to 4A, that definitely opens a spot.

Dude Marcus is good on ANY LEVEL!!! If anything they are a bit better on the UIL level. Besides they are incredible music wise and that is 60% of area/state.

Round Rock makes 5A State Finals.

McNeil advances to 5A State.

Out of the 2 competitions they have attended, James Bowie has attended, and they have beaten them both times. As you know James Bowie is a consistent 5A State Finalist and a recent Grand National Finalist.

McNeil is just good this year.

Edited by Nope

With regard to Round Rock beating Bowie:

Yes, Round Rock is very good this year. However, please note that in both competitions where they bested Bowie, were competitions whose format had separate captions for Guard and Percussion. Both times Bowie had higher scores in Marching and Music, while Round Rock was able to get some serious points out of their guard and especially, their incredible drumline.

It may well be a different story at area where the captions are 3 Music and 2 Marching judges, in which, Guard is merely a small component of the overall Marching Score and Percussion is a component of the overall Music Score.

All that said, I think that Bowie and Round Rock both have excellent shots of advancement to the SMBC. Certainly, McNeil, with their impressive showing at BOA Woodlands must also be considered.

With regard to Round Rock beating Bowie:

Yes, Round Rock is very good this year. However, please note that in both competitions where they bested Bowie, were competitions whose format had separate captions for Guard and Percussion. Both times Bowie had higher scores in Marching and Music, while Round Rock was able to get some serious points out of their guard and especially, their incredible drumline.

It may well be a different story at area where the captions are 3 Music and 2 Marching judges, in which, Guard is merely a small component of the overall Marching Score and Percussion is a component of the overall Music Score.

All that said, I think that Bowie and Round Rock both have excellent shots of advancement to the SMBC. Certainly, McNeil, with their impressive showing at BOA Woodlands must also be considered.

The fact that they're actually beating Bowie is pretty interesting though. Round rock has to be doing pretty well if they're music/marching scores are close enough to Bowie's to the point where they're beating them by winning side captions. I'm assuming thatt the side captions aren't weighted nearly as much as marching and music.