[Major Event] BOA Arlington, TX Regional - October 4, 2008

I'm keeping up with the feed myself while I'm at work.

I'm looking forward to watching all of these performances on Music For All's branch of the DCI Fan Network; The BOA Fan Network. I just bought a $69 1-year subscription a couple days ago so I'll have access to every single performance from all 16 Regionals plus Grand Nationals, as well as free LIVE video streams from San Antonio, St. Louis and Grand Nationals....for this Regional I'm looking forward to seeing Marcus, Cedar Park, Colleyville H, Coppell, Hebron, Berkner...and I'm also looking forward to Legacy, as even though they're not a "superpower" band they still have some of the most interesting show design concepts I've ever seen.

Oh yeah, minor correction....On the feed, you mentioned Georgetown's show "Fight or Flight", it's actually "Fighter Flight".....funny thing is, Urkadrums (who's currently in Georgetown's pit) thought that 'Fight or Flight' was actually the show's title until 2 whole weeks in to the school year, and to be honest I personally think it's a better title than the actual title; "Fighter Flight" -_- .

BOA Arlington Prelims Results

3A All Captions: Marcus

2A All Captions: Aledo

1A All Captions: Winnsboro

1A:

1st: Winnsboro

2A:

1st: Aledo

2nd: Mabank

3A:

1st: Marcus

2nd: Cedar Park

3rd: Hebron

Finalists:

Mansfield

Coppell

Berkner

Connally

Hebron

Marcus

Cedar Park

Aledo

Martin

Legacy

Just read your review, Mr. Sanchez. I have one word in response to the opening of your review for my fair school:

FOLD.

j/k. Sorry I didn't get a chance to come up and say hi; I didn't finish loading the pit until Westmoore was on the field.

Does anyone know why Trinity was in exhibition tonight? Or when they'll post recaps?

Edited by ftwdrummer

Just got back from the fun ride of Arlington to San Antonio. Overall, we weren't very satisfied with out performance. There was a tear from the beginning, which the Drum Major did a good job fixing, but it never really got back up to what we wanted it to be. Maybe it was the lack of sleep.

Speaking of which, I hope my band didn't come off as disrespectful in the stands with so many of our people sleeping. Its just most of us were running on 2-4 hours of sleep. And sleeping on those buses are not very good sleep.

There was some great stuff today. Marcus' show is very entertaining. Last year when my band watched BOA San Antonio, many people went away with "Sure Marcus is just about perfect, but the show lacks entertainment." Today, those people left thinking "Wow that is a cool show". Unfortunately, we missed Cedar Park.

Edited by rpd

Just got back from the fun ride of Arlington to San Antonio. Overall, we weren't very satisfied with out performance. There was a tear from the beginning, which the Drum Major did a good job fixing, but it never really got back up to what we wanted it to be. Maybe it was the lack of sleep.

Speaking of which, I hope my band didn't come off as disrespectful in the stands with so many of our people sleeping. Its just most of us were running on 2-4 hours of sleep. And sleeping on those buses are not very good sleep.

There was some great stuff today. Marcus' show is very entertaining. Last year when my band watched BOA San Antonio, many people went away with "Sure Marcus is just about perfect, but the show lacks entertainment." Today, those people left thinking "Wow that is a cool show". Unfortunately, we missed Cedar Park.

I found the Coral Reef to be wildly entertaining.

I actually felt a little disappointed because their show this year just lacks something their past ones had.

Cedar Park was fantastic.

Just read your review, Mr. Sanchez. I have one word in response to the opening of your review for my fair school:

FOLD.

j/k. Sorry I didn't get a chance to come up and say hi; I didn't finish loading the pit until Westmoore was on the field.

Does anyone know why Trinity was in exhibition tonight? Or when they'll post recaps?

You all did really good at Pre-UIL tonight. I like your show.

Edited by Fata1

Cedar Park was outstanding tonight and IMO deserved to win. The hornline and drumline are as strong as I've seen from a high school in a long time. I'm not a guard person so maybe that was the difference between Marcus and CP.

Marcus' show is fun but safe, and not complete. The hornline was a little messy at times tonight compared to prelims but the marching was great. The opening trumpet fanfare is very effective, reminds me of Phantom 08. I don't care for the bass synthesizer which is used frequently as it takes away from the natural great sound of their hornline. Will be interesting to see the whole show when its finished.

Hebrons show is very creative and entertaining. I thought the finals show was flat compared to prelims but still very well done.

Berkner did a great job and is getting better each year I see them. Great impact moments from the hornline.

Mansfield guard is amazing (and again I don't watch guards normally).

Coppell, excellent full sound and some great drill moments.

From the rest I liked Legacy's show best, good use of vocals which I normally don't like.