[Major Event] BOA Arlington, TX Regional - October 4, 2008

2005 Marcus - Fowl Play

2005 Owasso - Fowl Play

One show had cute, cuddly birds that made your heart melt. The other show had birds that looked like they were about to peck your eyes out and feast on them like a pair of Toys R' Us gumballs. Both shows were fantastic.

Wow....Marcus destroyed Cedar Park in prelims (4.3 point gap). It was a much closer fight in finals though.

I also noticed we haven't had any bands get a division II rating and still make finals in Texas since the La Joya and Houston Regionals in 2005. Legacy, Aledo, Connally and Martin all got div IIs and still made finals this year.

Oh yeah, we weren't real proud of our prelims performance...it just didn't feel the same as it had in our past few rehearsals. A bunch of freshmen got nervous, the wind messed with our colorguard, the usual first-contest-crap that happens. Quite a few of us honestly thought we wouldn't even advance with a performance like that. The finals went MUCH better lol.

One show had cute, cuddly birds that made your heart melt. The other show had birds that looked like they were about to peck your eyes out and feast on them like a pair of Toys R' Us gumballs. Both shows were fantastic.

Which was which?!

Because Marcus's birds had sharp beaks but acted very nice and cute!

I didn't see Owasso but saw their costumes.

I would prefer to get my penalties for marching a shorter incomplete show that was clean than march the whole complete show that was dirty. Especially this early in the season.

Just my opinion.. :D

Oh yeah, definately, that's always the way to go. Similar to how you should play an etude under tempo if that allows you to be significantly more musical and accurate.