• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southwest?

We heard you guys yesterday at State Wind Ensemble.

Great job with Redline Tango; I could swear you guys were 5A. Awesome job all around.

You have some great saxes, too. Don't take 'em for granted. ;)

Thanks, it means a lot to us.

Your band was the first we heard when we went up to listen. You had our attention the second you played that first warm-up note. You all sounded great.

Edited by Fata1

What school do you go to Terminator? Have fun with Florentiner March by the way, it's a really fun piece.

Argyle HS is playing:

March Op. 99 - Forgot his name lol

Sarabande and Polka - Malcom Arnold

Trittico - Vaclav Nelhybel

We're shooting for honor band too. Already have an excellent recording from a contest last month, looking to get an even better one at our spring concert next monday :) Good luck to everyone else!

What school do you go to Terminator? Have fun with Florentiner March by the way, it's a really fun piece.

Argyle HS is playing:

We're shooting for honor band too. Already have an excellent recording from a contest last month, looking to get an even better one at our spring concert next monday :) Good luck to everyone else!

The March is by Prokofiev. We were thinking about playing it but went with something else instead. I really like it. Good luck with honor band.

Argyle HS is playing:

I go to Wakeland your competition, I still remember when u just destroyed us in marching band last year, and at the time we were still playing grade 3 , now we're going 4's and 5's, yeah for the murchinson concert we're going florentiner, 1st holst, and apollo. and dang u guys some playing some tough stuff good luck w/ that, and may the best band win in july

Our Final Concert is NEXT THURSDAY! the songs are:

Concert band:

I Am

And I guess two other songs? not sure. lol.

Symphonic Band:

Amazing Grace

Symphonic Dances No.3

and another song that I can't remember at the moment.

Wind Ensemble:

Four Scottish Dances

Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral

Vivification

Bach's Fugue a La Gigue

a random Prelude by Bruchner

Finale from Ticheli's Symphony #2- Apollo Unleashed

It's going to be another insanely long concert!!!!

We just got back from our trip to Washington DC. The trip was AMAZING. =]

Results:

Concert Band: Best in Class Sub-Non-Varsity, 3rd Place Non-Varsity

Symphonic Band: Best in Class Non Varsity

Wind Ensemble: Best in Class Varsity and Contest Grand Champs.

Well For UIL the Gopher Band Wind Ensemble received straight ones in both stage and sight-reading and the 2nd band received a 2 on stage and straight 1's in sight-reading.

For our Wind Symphony (Both Bands Combined) trip we received Two Trophies One for a Superior Rating and another for Outstanding Class 5A Band.

The Jazz Ensemble as well received two trophies one for Superior Rating and another for Outstanding Jazz Band.

So this year so far has been great....oh and i am now woodwind principal ( In charge of all Woodwinds! )

• 2 weeks later...
the march you could be thinking of is "Semper Fidelis" we're playing it right now it has the snare thing then a cool trumpet part that lasts for a while.

No, it wasn't that.

lol oh well.

We played at the Meyerson Center in Dallas, TX just last weekend at the Invitational Wind Band Festival.

We won Outstanding Large School Percussion and placed 2nd overall.

Their isn't a oustanding soloist award awarded to percussion, but the percussion judge said they were going to talk to some people and get an award made for me because my sweeeeet xylo playing on the Persechetti symhony was so....sweeeeeeet lol.

Edited by urkadrums

Our last concert was last night.

It was perfect. =]

We played Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral as our last song and it ends at like quintuple forte (or at least, our version did. lol). It was so loud and it was just perfect... like in-tune and balanced and everything. As soon as we were done playing a guy in the audience was just like "WOAH!" hahaha.

it was the most memorable concert I've had, and I'm glad my band career ended that way. :D

We got first at the Meyerson thingy.

Our Sinfonietta was pretty cool

Our march was really good too.

The hall echoed for like five minutes after we played the last notes of the first movement.

Yeah we went right after yall.

Congratulations.

I didn't get to hear your concert though because I was too busy getting percussion stuff ready.

lol

all three of our bands got straight one's

we got sweepstakes for the 20 somethenth year in a row for marching and concert combined =]

we played

semper fidelis

fiesta del pacifico

strange humors

again dont rember wut the lower two bands played.

and for our last concert honors band played

semper fi again

soaring with john williams (student condudcted peice)

vesuvius AWESOME!

stars and stripes forever, tradition