Yeah, we're playing all four. It's a great piece.

Both of our bands got straight first divisions today in UIL. We're happy. I'm looking forward to hearing Paschal's performance tomorrow. I'm working stage crew so I'll be there.

I'll be sure to come over and say hi, dude. Watch for the percussionist with glasses and a bad hair day...that's me.

Anyone else want to join our mini-MeetMe?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be sure to come over and say hi, dude. Watch for the percussionist with glasses and a bad hair day...that's me.

Anyone else want to join our mini-MeetMe?

Didn't know about the mini-MeetMe until just now. Oh well. You all were pretty good. Lincolnshire Posy sounded great. The horn section was amazing. Reese is a beast.

Didn't know about the mini-MeetMe until just now. Oh well. You all were pretty good. Lincolnshire Posy sounded great. The horn section was amazing. Reese is a beast.

Don't worry about the MeetMe, Jason...I remembered that you probably weren't going to see that right after I posted it. Just FYI: That's his official legally binding nickname now, "Reese the Beast."

What did we get score-wise? 'Nova isn't talking. And what (if any) comments do you have on Awayday?

I'm not sure about your scores. After you all finished sightreading, all of us Southwest helpers had to put the cafeteria and auditorium back together. By the time we were done, we were exhausted and didn't think to ask. I'd be surprised, however, if you didn't get straight ones. Awayday sounded pretty good. I mean, it could use a little work but it's only Pre-UIL so I'm sure it'll be great by UIL.

I'm not sure about your scores. After you all finished sightreading, all of us Southwest helpers had to put the cafeteria and auditorium back together. By the time we were done, we were exhausted and didn't think to ask. I'd be surprised, however, if you didn't get straight ones. Awayday sounded pretty good. I mean, it could use a little work but it's only Pre-UIL so I'm sure it'll be great by UIL.

Finally got the scoop from the 2nd chair oboe (also a txbands forum poster, albeit infrequently)...1-1-2 on stage, 1-1-1 in sight reading. Sorry about having to put the auditorium and cafeteria back together.

Finally got the scoop from the 2nd chair oboe (also a txbands forum poster, albeit infrequently)...1-1-2 on stage, 1-1-1 in sight reading. Sorry about having to put the auditorium and cafeteria back together.

That's good. I'm sure you all will have straight one's by UIL. Your program is amazing. And the cafeteria thing was no problem. It was fun actually. We found whiffle ball bats backstage and a couple of us were having whiffle ball bat fights.

That's good. I'm sure you all will have straight one's by UIL. Your program is amazing. And the cafeteria thing was no problem. It was fun actually. We found whiffle ball bats backstage and a couple of us were having whiffle ball bat fights.

Glad you think our show is amazing.

I was wondering what it was that those two guys were taking swings at the corner of the wall-ball wall with while we were loading.

Apparently (this is third-hand, accuracy unknown) the only reason we got a "II" from one of the judges in concert was because 'Nova walked around too much, and took too much time between movements of Lincolnshire (I wouldn't disagree). Hence, the reason he was p'o'd while we were loading up to head back to school.

Ah, the vagaries of Pre-UIL.

Edited by ftwdrummer

Glad you think our show is amazing.

I was wondering what it was that those two guys were taking swings at the corner of the wall-ball wall with while we were loading.

Apparently (this is third-hand, accuracy unknown) the only reason we got a "II" from one of the judges in concert was because 'Nova walked around too much, and took too much time between movements of Lincolnshire (I wouldn't disagree). Hence, the reason he was p'o'd while we were loading up to head back to school.

Ah, the vagaries of Pre-UIL.

I hate it when band directors stop for too long between movements. Our director did that both this year and last year. I'm sure he'll speed things up for UIL, though.

By the way, one of the guys taking swings at the corner was me. We were damaging one of the bats so our third friend wouldn't have a good one to use. It gave us the advantage when we had our whiffle-ball bat fight after we had finished cleaning up the school and were fixing to leave.

For Honor Band consideration, Duncanville's Wind Ensemble is playing:

- Gumsucker's March by Grainger

- Finale from Symphony #7 by Prokofiev arr. by Brian Beck

- A Symphonic Suite of Wind Excerpts from "Requiem" by Verdi transcribed by Merlin Patterson

I hate it when band directors stop for too long between movements. Our director did that both this year and last year. I'm sure he'll speed things up for UIL, though.

I tend to agree with stopping too long. Literally, if we didn't know better, I think half the band would have been wondering if we were doing five separate songs.

For Honor Band consideration, Duncanville's Wind Ensemble is playing:

- Gumsucker's March by Grainger

- Finale from Symphony #7 by Prokofiev arr. by Brian Beck

- A Symphonic Suite of Wind Excerpts from "Requiem" by Verdi transcribed by Merlin Patterson

I would love it if we would play that in wind ensemble at my school.

We've finally finalized our program as:

Lincolnshire Posy -Grainger

Awayday -Gorb

Rolling Thunder

We're also having a concert a week from tonight, starting at 7 in our auditorium, if anyone in D/FW cares to come see us.

so your like the thousandth band i've heard of playing lincolnshire but thats all great! lol. and the second band playing awayday other than our band last year...i absolutely loved playing it. and rolling thunder is awesome!!! our top band played it for the national concert band festival my freshman year. this year our top band shall be playing for taping and the carnegie hall concert this april 19th i believe, and UIL:

Northwind March - W. Paris Chambers/Burgeious...i think(sp?)

Sketches On A Tudor Psalm - Fisher Tull

Redline Tango - John Mackey

along with those three we will play these in Carnegie Hall:

The Yellow Rose of Texas - Dragon/Rogers

Fantasia for Alto Saxophone, soloist Justin Neumann - I completely blanked on this one, lol! so yea!

All right we got straight ones, I know that doesn't mean much, but it was pretty good. Apparently the director at The Colony, Frisco, Centennial, Lake Dallas, Argyle, Canton, Wills Point, and one of our sightreading judge Whitesboro, all attended the concert. It was funny b/c we had warmup on stage b/c right after lunch, and when he looked at the crowd he saw all these directors and had that deer in the headlights look. It was all good though, we really hope to win honor band. Anyways on that note, we are thinking of bringing back 2nd suite in F, and add a harder march

Paschal got straight 1s at Region 7 UIL yesterday...

we're near-definitely using the cut of Awayday we got from the contest for Honor Band...re-recording Rolling Thunder and Lincolnshire ('tis a pity you can't mix and match movements of a piece; only 4th and 5th movements of Lincolnshire need work).

Georgetown HS Wind Symphony

Symphony for Band (movements 1-4)-Persechetti

Colonial Song-Grainger

and then some march by Sousa (has a sweet trumpet/snare lick, i don't know the name of it though lol)

our UIL is next week.

the march you could be thinking of is "Semper Fidelis" we're playing it right now it has the snare thing then a cool trumpet part that lasts for a while.

but i could be wrong but that's what it sounds like to me.

but yeah my school

Poteet High School

is playing

Semper Fidelis by sousa

Fiesta Del Pacifico by nixon

Strange Humors by mackey

idk what our two lower bands are playing

we have uil tomorrow at forney high school

All Three Bands: Straight Ones. ^_^

We have our Spring Trip Program and Spring Concert Music picked out:

Spring Trip:

-Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral (Wagner)

-Lincolnshire Posy (Grainger)

-Symphony #2 Mvmt 3: Apollo Unleashed (Ticheli)

Spring Concert:

-Elsa's Procession

-Ticheli's 2nd Symphony (either 1&3 or the whole thing)

-Bach's Fugue a La Gigue

-Malcolm Arnolds: Four Scottish Dances

The Ticheli Symphony is pretty easy overall. The band wants to play all three movements at the spring trip, cus we've pretty much learned mvmt. 3 already, but our director says we'd be playing for close to 45-50 minutes if we did ALL of Ticheli and ALL of Lincolnshire.

And we tried to sight read Four Scottish Dances yesterday in class... All I could manage to do was sit there and laugh during the first movement. I don't think I've ever seen so much black ink on a page before... lol.

wow u guys making us look bad, but anyways

we're playing 1. Black Horse Troop March 2. 2nd suite in F(bringing it back for honor band purposes) 3. Apollo Unleashed

I'm not going only b/c I have a couple AP practice tests I need to take to be fully prepared. Then we'll have a contest at Murchinson in mid-May w/ using Florentiner march, and adding Ride for our spring concert

wow u guys making us look bad, but anyways

we're playing 1. Black Horse Troop March 2. 2nd suite in F(bringing it back for honor band purposes) 3. Apollo Unleashed

I'm not going only b/c I have a couple AP practice tests I need to take to be fully prepared. Then we'll have a contest at Murchinson in mid-May w/ using Florentiner march, and adding Ride for our spring concert

Good luck with honor band!

We just found out about it at our school today. We kinda need to borrow the tuba mutes from your school for Apollo Unleashed. lol.