• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to having a fantastic guard performance, Churchill's musical performance this year was tremendous. I have played Vincent Persichetti's music in concert band and it is very difficult to play sitting down--let alone marching it. They pulled it off very well. A particular highlight is Churchill's woodwinds during Masquerade for Band. Very, very nice moments.

Thanks for all the complements!

I'm on guard there

I'm still amazed that everyone really pays that much attention to the guard!

and althought the outfits are revealing,

I still loved everything about them.

Even though the concept was not intended to be risque

I could see why some people would not like it

especially after a couple of mishaps (but thats another story)

we personally don't have imput on the design of the uniforms

so it's not a true reflection of the guard off the field

but what i didn't understand was why people thought that the girls that were fully covered still looked risque. oh well...

I'm really impressed that people got the little deceptions in the show

and weren't always scratching their heads asking "where's the deception?"

fyi ryan (the guy) didn't take off a band uniform it was only the non-1st movement weapons that did...

again im still taken aback that people think we're the best and pay that much attention to us...

Thanks!

I'm still amazed that everyone really pays that much attention to the guard!

aha, wow

i've seen the show about five times (it's one of those that i love not being able to escape :D)

and i actually had to force myself to watch the band recently.

the guard's just so good that it's attention grabbing ripping.

the band's great too though.

heheh.

The WC gaurd walked past our (vastly male) (somewhat perverted) drumline at Area at close proximity, and the general consesus was "ewww"

In NO WAY as an insult to the gaurd themselves, just the unis. Seriously I really don't want to offend anyone - the general consesus we came to was "I feel sorry for them if they don't like the unis"

If someone came up to me at summer band and was like heres you're new uni I would not be happy

If I were a parent... I would be fairly upset

but to each his own. ^_^

it really isnt about what you wear anyway. i mean look at what they do. whenever i see them im like how the eff did they do that!

That's the same opinion i have... if they can pull off all the amazing stuff that they do, the Churchill guard can jusitify wearing [almost] any uniform. If you have a problem with their lack of "modesty", turn away... they're badass, so who cares what their uniforms look like. Parents who were offended are waaaaaaay too concerned with appearance rather than performance and try to find anything about which they can complain/belittle other programs.

BOA SA finals Wardrobe Malfunction... I saw it.

My reaction was :unsure: WTF :o

It happened at BOA SA too?! Crazy...

You should have seen it at BOA Houston though...that was QUITE a crowd reaction there. I was just sitting there trying to actually listen to what they were playing, and people wouldn't stop talking about it for a good 30 seconds...

QUOTE (trumpetman1288 @ Nov 25 2006, 06:54 PM)
It happened at BOA SA too?!  Crazy...

You should have seen it at BOA Houston though...that was QUITE a crowd reaction there.  I was just sitting there trying to actually listen to what they were playing, and people wouldn't stop talking about it for a good 30 seconds...

Too bad those girls scare the heck out of me. No joke

Yeah it also happened at BOA SA but it wasn't as bad. You could hardly see anything, unless you were sitting towards he bottom. biggrin.gif j/k

Edit: I love our word filter... good job Travis!!!