So... I know that my school didn't make finals, and everyone that did is still at the UTA stadium. I also realize that the only realy reason we didn't make finals was because of individual marchers... who should be shot in the face for digging their toes into the ground while a judge is walking right next to them. I can't believe it. And I didn't see all of the bands, but I know that I saw Richland, and I almost peed with excitement. They were AMAZING! The opening of their show... everyone around me and myself included all just gasped. And it just got better and better. Good ensemble sound, but a few people stuck out... mostly trumpet players. And there were a few vertical alignment problems, but other than those few things, it was just incredible. Just outstanding. So... anyone want to say anything about other bands...?

Well although this is only my band's (Mansfield) second year at BOA and only our first year with a new director, and we were only the third band to perform all day, we managed to make finals. The majority of our band didn't expect finals because it was a really bad run, we didn't even feel we deserved finals. So when we got into finals, it's safe to say that our band simultaniously disembowled themselves. Some of our members were even mad that we got finals because they couldn't go home and go to bed. People that were in the stands during our performance in prelims said it was decent though.

If you felt that we didn't deserve to make finals, then you are probably among good company.

And if any of my directors are reading this, then you should know that this isn't the opinion of the band as a whole, merely mine based on what I heard and saw.

Well although this is only my band's (Mansfield) second year at BOA and only our first year with a new director, and we were only the third band to perform all day, we managed to make finals. The majority of our band didn't expect finals because it was a really bad run, we didn't even feel we deserved finals. So when we got into finals, it's safe to say that our band simultaniously disembowled themselves. Some of our members were even mad that we got finals because they couldn't go home and go to bed. People that were in the stands during our performance in prelims said it was decent though.

If you felt that we didn't deserve to make finals, then you are probably among good company.

And if any of my directors are reading this, then you should know that this isn't the opinion of the band as a whole, merely mine based on what I heard and saw.

You guys have a very-well designed show, with fantastic drill movement. I looked back on the competition today and I said to myself, "Yes, they earned yet." You guys will be a great ambassador for the State of Texas at the BOA St. Louis Regional!

I have to say, I'm very impressed with a lot of the bands I saw yesterday. I recall being in the stands watching finals and thinking I wanted to be a part of some others shows that were performing. (L. D. Bell and Haltom both had shows that peaked my interest especially, but I do believe that the bo staff - from Haltom's show - could have been handled better in the hands of one of my friends)

It was also very surprising to hear The Woodlands band play music my band played last year in a different variation....

Not to mention the Coppell drum majors made me impressed that they could move their arms conducting like that. Have to respect their technique; I know for eight to eleven minutes straight conducting with such big movements would probably kill me.

Then again, I am beyond grateful for the show and band I am a part of right now. My upperclassmen and I had an amazing feeling after performing, and my little sister was bawling from her performance in finals. Though, realistically speaking, our band has a lot of polishing up to do with our marching in the final stage and music all around to be ready for next week.

I think this is the most possitive feedback our show has gotten this year that wasn't from band directors or our band parents. But then again, the only other feedback we've gotten was from Mansfield Timberview and Mansfield Summit band members whose only purpose, it seems, is to make us feel like our show sucks.

I know our show must be good because the judges think so, but it just doesn't help when your best friends that you sat next to in band up until you went to different highschools are telling you your show sucks.

But anyway, thanks for the feedback.

And is Mansfield going to be the only Texas band at the St. Louis competition?

Ehhhh... excuse me for being a weensy bit in the dark, but from viewing the results on th predictions page... it appears to me that Reagan did not make finals at Arlington???!!! In my book that is somewhat near the unthinkable. I know their head (I think) director judged the Cedar Park Marching Festival yesterday so did they not go? Or did they really not make finals...?

If anyone saw them whats their show?

In fact, can anyone give a brief recap of all (or any/most) of the finals shows?

thatd be wootfully awesome

QUOTE (I
Ehhhh... excuse me for being a weensy bit in the dark, but from viewing the results on th predictions page... it appears to me that Reagan did not make finals at Arlington???!!! In my book that is somewhat near the unthinkable. I know their head (I think) director judged the Cedar Park Marching Festival yesterday so did they not go? Or did they really not make finals...?

If anyone saw them whats their show?

In fact, can anyone give a brief recap of all (or any/most) of the finals shows?

thatd be wootfully awesome

haha, no they didnt go

shows called "transitions" from what i hear

Just so everyone knows... I was not dissing on Richland when I said some trumpet players stuck out... good god I could use a little sticking out cause I am the only trumpet player in the world that plays with the sound of a clarinet. But anyways... what I meant to do, which aparently i failed at, was to say that I thought Richland had the best GE i saw all day, and I am thankful that I saw it. Sorry if I offended anyone. I also appolgize for my username, because that is no way to represent my band. So I will delete my account. Once again, I am sorry.

I believe they had their debut this past week at their football game.

Off topic but I don't care!!

The NEISD Fall Marching Festival will be on Tuesday, October 10th at Blossom Athletic Center. Yes, North East Independent School District is the district that houses both Ronald Reagan and Winston Churchill Marching Bands. Should be a fun performance!