2024 BOA Round Rock (Sept. 21)

The 2024 Austin Regional will be held September 21st at Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex.

Confirmed bands as of 3/25/24 (11):

Cedar Park H.S., TX
George Ranch H.S., TX
Leander H.S., TX
Liberty Hill H.S., TX
McCallum H.S., TX
Round Rock H.S., TX
Rouse H.S., TX
Vandegrift H.S., TX
Vista Ridge H.S., TX
Westlake H.S., TX
Westwood H.S., TX

Edited by LeanderMomma
Added confirmed bands/changed title to BOA Round Rock

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 2:31 PM, LeanderMomma said:

Yes, since their inception, both BOA Austin and the Texas Marching Classic have been held at Kelly Reeves. I’m guessing that they are doing their best to continue this trend but have not yet nailed down the dates. 

Yup I'm sure they're just finalizing the details on venue availability.  There aren't usually football games on Saturdays but since that stadium hosts home games for several RRISD schools, it occasionally happens and would need to be accounted for.

• LeanderMomma changed the title to 2024 BOA Austin (tentatively set for 9/21/24)
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • LeanderMomma changed the title to 2024 BOA Austin (Sept. 21)
20 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

I guess they were waiting on the San Marcos regional to get set. 

The timing between these two seems so weird.  I'd expect a lot of overlap if they were spaced out a bit more, but as it is I don't see many of the Austin bands repeating a week later, not do I see them skipping Austin to go to San Marcos instead.

Maybe San Marcos will draw some of the SA bands that are currently planning on Houston-area regionals?

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

The timing between these two seems so weird.  I'd expect a lot of overlap if they were spaced out a bit more, but as it is I don't see many of the Austin bands repeating a week later, not do I see them skipping Austin to go to San Marcos instead.

Maybe San Marcos will draw some of the SA bands that are currently planning on Houston-area regionals?

Yes I believe that is the hope…that it will give the San Antonio area bands somewhere close by to go to for a Regional competition. 

• LeanderMomma changed the title to 2024 BOA Round Rock (Sept. 21)