3. Leander

4. Vista Ridge

5. Wakeland

6. Dripping Springs

7. Waxahachie

8. Centennial

9. Southwest

10. Aledo

Not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed in Leander.  Can anyone tell me if their state finals run was sub-par for them?  It was the first time I was seeing them this year.  Not that it was poor by any means, but it was definitely below the standard they set for me with Color Study.  Color study was intriguing from beginning to end and during Choral Works I was definitely feeling my mind wander.  Certainly not the same level of engagement I would have associated with a regional champion.

I really want my babies to be able to medal, but in a wider scope I just want LISD to take the top again :D

Favorite to win is Cedar Park

Does UIL give out actual gold, silver and bronze medals to all students in the top three bands?  I know that BOA Regional Champions and Class Champions get medals but 2nd and 3rd place don't get anything even though we all them "medalists".

Does UIL give out actual gold, silver and bronze medals to all students in the top three bands?  I know that BOA Regional Champions and Class Champions get medals but 2nd and 3rd place don't get anything even though we all them "medalists".

Yes! My bronze medal from 2013 is hanging happily on the wall back at home. Great memory. Though I wish they'd etch what contest it was won at (it just says UIL state)