Nexts years state year

and i'm scard as crap for my alumnus...but i think we might be okay cause we're cutting our band back down....we had this huge growth spurt from 04 to 05...as in like....we marched 16 flutes in 04...and then like...34 in 05...and a good majority of our soon to be sophomores are gonna rock...i dunno..we'll see i guess.

alumnus...i think thats the right word...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i'm scard as crap for my alumnus...but i think we might be okay cause we're cutting our band back down....we had this huge growth spurt from 04 to 05...as in like....we marched 16 flutes in 04...and then like...34 in 05...and a good majority of our soon to be sophomores are gonna rock...i dunno..we'll see i guess.

alumnus = 1

alumni = >1

:)

was it yall that had that lil movie made. it was kewl. kinda scratchy but kewl

I think Hebron is going to do well...I heard they were moving up to 5A. I hope so, they always do really well and are really supportive of us. Man...I'm a bit nervious/ excited for Marcus...Area B is going to be intense...and crazy hard to make state in. I really want to see Lewisville make it again too... they work hard and are really cool towards us. The Colony used to be amazing, I'd like to see them have a comeback. I also really want Flower Mound to do well, they have such an amazing concert band and I want to see them do some crazy hard stuff, because they can...they need to show off their clarinet section.

I haven't heard much about Flower Mound in a while... And good louck to any Hebron studetns out there; I would imagine the transition between divisions going up like that could be rather tough. Hopefully you will take it in stride. I believe Fossil Ridge is dropping down to 4A next year... I guess their attendence has dwindled or something. Ah well... It seems I heard they used to be really good, but I think they may have slacked off a bit for the apst couple of years. I dunno. But yeah, Area B is going to have a very tough fight for state spots. We'll see how that all turns out I suppose.

There are a number of reasons for Fossill Ridge's current situation. Between having Keller Central HS open up and having two of their directors move to Mansfield Summitt, they are having a hard time.

And yes, Area B is going to be an absolute bloodbath with Bell, Haltom, Richland, Marcus, Arlington Martin, Hebron, Plano East, Mansfield Summitt, and more.

There are a number of reasons for Fossill Ridge's current situation. Between having Keller Central HS open up and having two of their directors move to Mansfield Summitt, they are having a hard time.

And yes, Area B is going to be an absolute bloodbath with Bell, Haltom, Richland, Marcus, Arlington Martin, Hebron, Plano East, Mansfield Summitt, and more.

147 Days til Band Camp/Death Row...State pressure is on

• 2 weeks later...
Oh man, when and where is the Area B competition scheduled for? I've gotta see that...a bloodbath it will be.

October 28th, 2006 at probably either Pennington Field in HEB or the Birdville ISD Fine Arts and Athletics Complex.

Most likely Pennington as that is where is has been for as long as I know.

Last year UIL was held in a different stadium from the uual Pennington, but I it's possible Area will still be at Pennington like it pretty much always has been.

Yes, it was at the Birdville Fine Arts and Athletics Complex.

I drove over to Pennington that day and freaked out when there was nobody there. I called a friend and had him check the Region 5 website and he told me that it was at Birdville.

Well all I can say is that they better paint the hashes better than they did at UIL this year. Couldnt tell where I was for the life of me.

If my memory serves me correctly that was Pfugerville, not the RRISD Athletic Complex. And it makes sense that a new multi-million dollar complex would have nice hashes.

QUOTE (bluebellbrass07 @ Mar 22 2006, 03:27 PM)
I think they dropped out so they could have more practice time for Grand nationals in 03. darn 8 hour rule....

Westfield withdrew from UIL after the 2002 season due to a difference of opinion with the organization.

If your band drops out of UIL, wouldn't that affect the entire school?  I mean, tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that if the band gets caught doing more than 8 hours of practice in a week, the football team (or any other sport) can be affected by it.  Is this true?

They didn't drop out of UIL, they just didn't attend the UIL Marching Contest. There is no general 8-hour rule set by the UIL, only by the TEA.

The TEA 8-hour rule only counts hours from the beginning of school Monday to the end of school Friday.

The UIL Marching Contest, however, has one of its pre-requisites that you only practiced 8 hours in the entire calender week Monday 12:00am to Sunday 11:59pm.

There is no rule stating that you have to attend the UIL Marching Contest, and so, if you don't then you don't have to follow the UIL Marching Contest 8-hour rule, but you still have to follow the TEA 8-hour rule.

There are possible consequences for the entire school if any organization does not follow the TEA 8-hour rule, but they didn't do that, they just practiced extra long on Saturdays.

Once Westfield exploited this loophole to be able to practice more on a non-UIL-State year, UIL decided to make it to where you can't just follow the rules on a State year and not on a non-State year.

How they accomplished this is that they grouped the two years together and said that for any set of these two years, you have to follow the rules in both years to be able to attend the UIL Marching Contest.