Nexts years state year

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that's pretty hardcore.  Last year there were quite a few weeks where we didn't even take up all 8 hours.  Heck, thre was one week we only had 4 and half!  But I think it may be a little different this coming season.

Yeah, I kept an eye on their practice schedule this year, and there were a couple of 16 hour weeks (not including Football game) where they practiced 8 hours during the week and another 8 on Saturday.

Edit: Don't you mean Hardcorps? ;)

Yeah, I kept an eye on their practice schedule this year, and there were a couple of 16 hour weeks (not including Football game) where they practiced 8 hours during the week and another 8 on Saturday.

Edit: Don't you mean Hardcorps? ;)

8 hours on a saturday... dang...

that's hardcore High School Band =p

When marching season rolls around, check out the practice schedule of Plymouth Canton Educational Park of Michigan. They practice a lot! Also, I can't remember which year it was, 2001 or 2002, but the band held a rehearsal AFTER their State Championships.

Really...

It's not how much you practice. It's how you use it.

Really...

It's not how much you practice. It's how you use it.

Exactly. Bell, Reagan, SFA, to name a few have stuck to UIL's 8-hour rule, and have still performed exceptionally. In 03, when Westfield won GN, Reagan was .05 behind them (.25 without a penalty) and they held to 8-hours a week. Bell was 3rd in semi's and 5th in finals, and they also held to it. This year Reagan again finished second (to Carmel this time, by a margin of 1.45 points), and Bell pulled into 3rd for finals, with a difference between 2 and 3 of .05. All this against bands who are not limited to 8 hours every week, and usually practice more. It's all about practicing intelligently, and using your time wisely.