Area G Marching Contest 2023

DeadMascot

Hot Take: 

I believe San Benito can make state if they improve their visual content. Their music was really good and very balanced at the festival (you can even see one music judge give them 2nd). Not perfect but really good. Their visuals weren't super clean or super dirty but I think its missing more demand of the choreography. If they're able to get cleaned up a bit more, I believe they can give Hanna a run for their money.

33 minutes ago, MarchingBandNerd805 said:

Hot Take: 

I believe San Benito can make state if they improve their visual content. Their music was really good and very balanced at the festival (you can even see one music judge give them 2nd). Not perfect but really good. Their visuals weren't super clean or super dirty but I think its missing more demand of the choreography. If they're able to get cleaned up a bit more, I believe they can give Hanna a run for their money.

I completely agree! A lot of friends who watched the show told me that San Benito DESERVED to get 3rd undisputedly, I haven’t see their show though…

On 10/10/2023 at 8:32 PM, riverdrums said:

That 3rd spot is a definite shootout

A shootout between which bands?  Let's get some predictions and discussion going!!!

I think United will take it followed by Hanna. After that it could be Alexander, San Benny, PSJA, or Los Fresnos.

I've seen almost everyone perform. Some might play okay, but darn, some of these shows are BORING.  A few of these bands have extend sections of their shows where THEY DON'T PLAY.  One school starts with almost 2 minutes without a sound from the full ensemble.

Take out all the stand and play with body wiggles, or stand and play then run to the new set, or the mega-loud electronics with sub drops, and what does that leave with some of these boring shows?

The bands at the top will have high demand with a well crafted show.

Who has the most enjoyable music? 

On 10/11/2023 at 9:42 PM, SpudMuffin said:

A shootout between which bands?  Let's get some predictions and discussion going!!!

I think United will take it followed by Hanna. After that it could be Alexander, San Benny, PSJA, or Los Fresnos.

I've seen almost everyone perform. Some might play okay, but darn, some of these shows are BORING.  A few of these bands have extend sections of their shows where THEY DON'T PLAY.  One school starts with almost 2 minutes without a sound from the full ensemble.

Take out all the stand and play with body wiggles, or stand and play then run to the new set, or the mega-loud electronics with sub drops, and what does that leave with some of these boring shows?

The bands at the top will have high demand with a well crafted show.

Who has the most enjoyable music? 

real stuff you just said

2 hours ago, WellThatsTubad said:

Energy was higher last week from all bands. I'm just gonna assume it was the elements. The color pops really well from Alexander's newly added scene. LBJ, UHS, AHS, and USHS all recieved 1's as expected. Going to be a fun contest next week. 

YAYAYAYAY!!! I’m coming down for the contest… I am very excited for it!