UIL 6A Area B 2023

10 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

So I just now realize that all Region 20 bands, with the exception of Skyline, made straight 1's at UIL Region last year. If this year will be a repeat of last year, then we can see 7 bands advance to state. 

wait why does it matter how many bands get a 1 to decide how many bands go to state. can you explain how those 2 relate.

As far as the schedules go, I think this is how it might look. Note that this is from the draw order, but I'm putting this as a schedule. I think there could be 5 blocks, with 7 bands in each block.

7:00. Arlington 

7:15. Bell

7:30. Fossil Ridge

7:45. Duncanville 

8:00. Bowie

8:15. Pearce

8:30. Grand Prairie

8:45. Judges Break 

9:00. Trinity

9:15. South Grand Prairie 

9:30. Southlake Carroll

9:45. Highland Park

10:00. Timber Creek

10:15. Mansfield

10:30. Weatherford

10:45. Lunch Break

11:30. MacArthur

11:45. Haltom

12:00. Berkner

12:15. Keller Central

12:30. Lake Ridge

12:45. Lake Highlands

1:00. Paschal

1:15. Judges Break

1:30.  Martin

1:45. Keller

2:00. Cedar Hill

2:15. Boswell

2:30. Chisholm Trail 

2:45. Coppell

3:00. Nimitz

3:15. Judges Break

3:30. Legacy

3:45. Richardson 

4:00. Desoto

4:15. Waxahachie 

4:30. Crowley

4:45. North Crowley 

5:00. Irving

33 minutes ago, Clarinet Lord said:

Duncanville are scary this year!!!!!! Just watched watched their show for UIL and darn

Yeah, Duncanville is a very talented band that is one of the best in the state, but I just never really get why they don't go to that many comps, which is why I think they are underrated. They haven't been to anything yet, with BOA Prosper being their first one this year, while most other bands have been to at least 2. And it's not just this year either. Last year all they went to was USBands Burleson, where they won. Does anyone have like a backstory for Dville?

24 minutes ago, BandNerd07 said:

Yeah, Duncanville is a very talented band that is one of the best in the state, but I just never really get why they don't go to that many comps, which is why I think they are underrated. They haven't been to anything yet, with BOA Prosper being their first one this year, while most other bands have been to at least 2. And it's not just this year either. Last year all they went to was USBands Burleson, where they won. Does anyone have like a backstory for Dville?

If I had to guess, it’s money issue. That part of Dallas may not be a great place (I’ve never been so someone correct me if I’m wrong, I’ve been to Dallas and it‘a pretty bad in some areas) and this may be the case for D-Ville. And seeing how many different Dallas schools there are, they probably only have the money to attend one or two comps other than the UIL stuff 

20 minutes ago, bandsoflove said:

Duncanville has a new head band director with a brand new staff (none of the staff from the past is with them any longer) and I think that’s why you’re seeing a change. There’s going to be more BOA competition participations, new changes to how Duncanville is known and how the show’s are developed and that’s what Duncanville needed. This won’t be an overnight success or change as many current band individuals and recent one’s know the main big hitters, but hopefully they will get there. 

Correction on my previous post***

The current head band director is the last remaining director from Duncanville’s past staff. He looks like he is changing and moving Duncanville in the new direction! 

18 hours ago, BandNewbie1320 said:

Has anyone seen Lake Ridge this year?  How do they look?

Saw them at region since I live relatively close to region 5, and they definitely got cleaner. Volume and sound wise got better but is still not as much as last year. Drill and visual wise they improved greatly, but sound wise they went down a little bit. Their music is also not very impactful, it has little to no big hits that make me go wow. However the band as a whole is still beautiful sounding.