UIL 6A Area C 2023

Dave609

33 minutes ago, lxnman said:

yeah ik... that's why I was saying at least 30, because if less than 30 make AREA there will be only 5 spots for AREA... because its 1 spot for every 5 bands, so I hope that at least 30 bands make it, or all 32, because that would be nice to see everyone at my final AREA contest since I´m a senior.

Well, sadly Naaman Forest got a 2, so they will not be performing at area. Hopefully the other bands will advance so we can still have 12 finalists and 6 state advancers :(

35 minutes ago, lxnman said:

yeah ik... that's why I was saying at least 30, because if less than 30 make AREA there will be only 5 spots for AREA... because its 1 spot for every 5 bands, so I hope that at least 30 bands make it, or all 32, because that would be nice to see everyone at my final AREA contest since I´m a senior.

From Region 3 results, only seeing one “two” rating. What has me confused is there is 1, 6A band NOT showing results. 👀 👀 👀 

Anyone know why Mesquite Horn Rating isn’t showing?

Just now, JFNDOWBFAN said:

From Region 3 results, only seeing one “two” rating. What has me confused is there is 1, 6A band NOT showing results. 👀 👀 👀 

Anyone know why Mesquite Horn Rating isn’t showing?

no, Im not sure, but from what I know every band, but Naaman Forest made AREA.... meaning there will be 31 bands performing at AREA, and there will be 6 spots at STATE... the best of luck to everyone 

1 hour ago, lxnman said:

Fingers crossed at least 30 bands get 1´s in AREA so there r six spots for AREA... waiting for results is nerve-racking tbh.

I’m not official but I believe 31 made it. Only 2 I saw was NF. Horn score wasn’t showing but from someone else tonight (we had to leave after RHS), they scored a 1 as well. 

34 minutes ago, lxnman said:

yeah, its 31... which is so relieving bc as competitive as our AREA is its nice to know there are 6 spots... the best of luck again to everyone and ofc Wylie (my school). its gonna be a nice Saturday and def a fun one!

Looking forward to seeing the Wylie schools.  Have not seen them this year!   All 31 bands are solid.... I'm hoping for nice weather and camping out all day, ha.  It's going to be 12 Amazing Bands in Finals and probably 6-8 more scratching their heads trying to figure out how they didn't make it!

2 hours ago, itsstephenyo said:

Dang, Marcus and Hebron are gonna have a very long day! 7:25AM and 8:25AM call times, plus finals? Ouch. 

You are assuming they make finals…. Bold ;) 😂 

That being said, part of me wasnt looking forward to a 5:30am wake up calL and school by 6:15….

but…. Get their early, put on an awesome show and then relax all day while others march with a high of 90 degrees?

6:30 awards, make Finals and march again after the sun goes down….

Give me the am early block 😂 

4 minutes ago, Gehrig4 said:

This just in.   This Area is a bloodbath.

Hebron, Flo mo, marcus, Prosper all locks.    so two spots for all the rest?    Brutal.   

Mckinney Boyd, Rockwall, wylie east, sachese,   probably a few others....

lovin land lord.     Katie, Bar the door for finals.    

yeah its gonna be a nice day for all bands... def competitive, but hey that's what u sign up for as a and kid... cant wait to compete, and hope the best for my school and others

So I think the top 5 are locked in barring any disasters, or time issues.

1. Hebron

2. Marcus 

3. Follower Mound

4. Prosper

5. Rock Hill

so looking at the scores from last weeks BOA (I Know there is a big difference between UIL and BOA) scoring.  Rockwall, McKinney, and McKinny Boyd were 16th, 15th, and 14th all very close in scores. The Wylie bands I have only seen their shows on you tube, and I can not find any results for competitions they have been to. But I think it’s a crap shoot between these 5 bands for the 6th spot, and the next 4 after(especially they way UIL scores).

11th and 12 is too hard to predict.

My can’t sleep so might as well predict list…

1) Rockwall

Just messing….pod system….

Pod 1

1) Hebron James

2) Marcus

3) Flower Mound

4) Prosper

Analysis….Hebron James Marching band takes its talents back to San Antonio. 2-4 could easily juggle spots depending on who gets a hot march but their results thus far this year suggest solid footing at the doorsteps of state. 

Pod 2….to State or Not to State. This one is rough because 2 will move on and 2 will feel gut punched. 

5. Mckinney Boyd

6. Rockwall

7.  Rock Hill

8. Plano East

Analysis. Clearly my name dictates my bias here but Rockwall seems to be putting it all together at the right time. If they can make finals, their show strikes differently at night and will hang with the names. Boyd at 5 is giving not to State experience. 

Pod 3. 
9. Lewisville

10. Wylie East

11. Wylie

12. Plano

Analysis….any of these 4 could march themselves right into Pod 2 and contend for one of the State spots. Lewisville may be there on reputation as I can’t seem to find much on them. The Wylies always have solid shows. Plano won my PISD Ro sham bo tournament for the 12th spot. 

Pod 4 (13-20)….ABC order. ALL solid bands that find themselves one great march to finals or one slip away from pod 4 purgatory. 

Allen, Braswell, Lakeview Centennial, Little Elm, McKinney, Rockwall Heath, Sachse, VR Eaton.  Rockwall H is getting better each year  Coming off a win at Royse City Marching contest, they may be able to surprise people on Saturday  WTD  

Pod 5 (21-31} The Rest. There’s not a single weak band here. These bands are probably another year away. Out of 31 bands, all but 2 made straight 1’s at Region. Thats just incredible. 

Byron Nelson, Garland, Guyer, Mesquite, Mesquite Horn, North Forney, North Garland, Plano West, Rowlett, Royse City, Tyler Legacy. 

Analysis all really good bands. Hard to place all of these bands because haven’t seen all in person. Realllllly enjoyed Royse City at Region. They won at Princeton I believe. N Forney and Horn are always creative and fun. Any given Saturday, one of these bands could break the glass ceiling and pull another Pod 5 band up with them. 

Once again, the most impossible-to-predict Area returns! Here's how I see it as of now

1. Hebron

2. Marcus

3. Flower Mound

---

4. Prosper

5. McKinney Boyd

6. Wylie

7. Wylie East

8. Rock Hill

---

9. Rockwall

10. Braswell

---

11. Lewisville

12. Sachse

13. Plano East

14. McKinney

15. Rockwall Heath

I'd say the LISD trio is somewhat safe in the top three, but I think Prosper could sneak past Flower Mound depending on how much Flower Mound has cleaned in the last few weeks. I think Prosper and Boyd are safe to advance, so that last spot between Wylie, Wylie East, and Rock Hill will be fun to watch.

I feel very confident that Rockwall and Braswell are in finals, with the potential that jump into the top 8. Then we get to the mess of the finals bubble. Lewisville and PESH were separated by 2 rank points at MMI. McKinney High placed higher than Sachse at BOA Prosper, but Sachse seems to do better at UIL contests than BOA ones. 

5 minutes ago, trumpet69 said:

I know a lot of people have predictions already set, but I wouldn’t take wylie high and Wylie East for granted. Their videos on youtube don’t do them justice. I definitely see them in the run for those state spots! 

Wylie for sure! East should still place very well, just that every other band here is having some of their best seasons to date, but they are definitely a contender for state!