UIL 6A Area C 2023

Dave609

17 minutes ago, clarinetistkai05 said:

alright, I’ll predict based off both scenarios. what would happen matter two schools tie for like 5th or up? Would they take both and announce 6th, or would they take the one with the lower GE score and put them in 6th?

Just to answer and point something out, but theres no GE, and a tie for anything above 5th with 2 schools will be broken and therefore create a full 7th place band which means zero extras from the “top 6” will be added to state, I dont know about 3 way ties going past 6th honestly so cant answer that, and Waxahachie isnt here, which would make most of this area cry if they were😭

1 minute ago, TrenBS said:

Just to answer and point something out, but theres no GE, and a tie for anything above 5th with 2 schools will be broken and therefore create a full 7th place band which means zero extras from the “top 6” will be added to state, I dont know about 3 way ties going past 6th honestly so cant answer that, and Waxahachie isnt here, which would make most of this area cry if they were😭

UGHH I FORGOT THEY’RE IN ANOTHER AREA HOLD ON 😭😭

19 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Solid. The electric guitar steals show. Found myself watching him and forgetting the march. 

Yeah, he is pretty good!   Guess I've watched the show enough to see other things!   I thought it was interesting they had no props at all.   But they have sounded and looked good the last few times I have seen them.

22 minutes ago, Bbowman615 said:

So far in watching prelims who do you see go into finals in yalls opinion?And would you change your predictions after watching some of them

I missed a few bands but of the 12 I saw, nothing really surprised me either way. A lot of these schools could be even more amazing if given a chance in Finals. Feel like the top half (first 2 blocks) today is slightly stronger but still some really great bands in block 3 and 4. 

It’s heating up so hope all bands are hydrating. 

On 10/19/2023 at 6:19 PM, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Did you know in 2021, Rockwall was 6th and just missed state because they only took 5 that year. Had NF and one other band made area, would have qualified. 

Not only were we one place off, we were one point off. The year before we had placed 5th but they only took 4 bands. Can’t catch a break out here 😅

7 hours ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

First “Band” to take the field this morning are the Rocking Black Bird Band from Birdville ISD. 

They are performing as an exhibition band. 

They are a bit pitchy. Formations strong. Flying towards to South endzone. 

IMG_8823.jpeg

These are, for anyone interested, Great-Tailed Grackles, a very common Icterid species in the south!