UIL 4A State Marching Contest 2023 (November 1)

Dave609

Sulphur Springs HS-

This show is really fun to watch! The opener was executed nicely! Movement 2 sounds so nice, the tone and technique were really good musically, some forms were not followed though which sucks :(. I will say, they have had the longest day out of all the bands tonight since they were the 4th band to go in prelims, so its nice to see them give a nice performance! I really enjoyed the ballad as well! That Saxophone quartet is SO good! Overall, I really enjoyed their 2nd performance today! Congratulations to your now 2x State Finalist, Sulphur Springs HS!

China Spring HS-

HELLO CHINA SPRING! That Opener is SO GOOD! Great power and ensemble sound! The design of the props and uniforms are so nice! The French Horn solo was played beautifully and the ballad overall sounded really nice! Also I'm guessing its because of mic placement, but the Bari-Sax players sounded good! Overall, Congratulations to your 2023 4A State Finalist, China Spring HS!!!

LOVE this show form China Springs!! Festive Overture is one of my favorites in marching band, and they played it so well! I do think they could possibly move up, just don't know over who! It's gonna really gonna be up to who had the better visual run/judge's preferences because the top half all had great musical runs, will be really close! 

3 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

China Spring HS-

HELLO CHINA SPRING! That Opener is SO GOOD! Great power and ensemble sound! The design of the props and uniforms are so nice! The French Horn solo was played beautifully and the ballad overall sounded really nice! Also I'm guessing its because of mic placement, but the Bari-Sax players sounded good! Overall, Congratulations to your 2023 4A State Finalist, China Spring HS!!!

I can confirm it’s the mic placement.  Had to frantically text the lead bari player after prelims like DONT PLAY THAT LOUD AAAHHH!