UIL 4A State Marching Contest 2023 (November 1)

Dave609

2023 UIL 4A State Championship FINALS Schedule-

7:15 PM- Calallen HS
7:30 PM- West Plains HS
7:45 PM- Canyon HS
8:00 PM- North Lamar HS
8:15 PM- Davenport HS
8:30 PM- Panther Creek HS
8:45 PM- Anna HS
9:00 PM- Celina HS
9:15 PM- Sulphur Springs HS
9:30 PM- China Spring HS

Full Retreat and Announcement of Results- 10:00 PM

7:15 p.m. - Calallen

7:30 p.m. - West Plains

7:45 p.m. - Canyon

8:00 p.m. - North Lamar

8:15 p.m. - Davenport

8:30 p.m. - Panther Creek

8:45 p.m. - Anna

9:00 p.m. - Celina

9:15 p.m. - Sulpher Springs

9:30 p.m. - China Spring

Congrats to everyone who performed today! Y'all were amazing. And a big congrats to those moving onto tonight's finals!

4 minutes ago, RetiredBandGuy05 said:

Panther Creek doesn't even have senior in their school and they got 3rd in State prelims. 

What. The. Heck.

Yes, pretty amazing. Panther Creek is basically a Frisco ISD school that hasn't gone to AAAAA yet. They'll probably be in AAAA for another cycle, based upon estimated enrollment data, before they jump up a classification.

40 minutes ago, RetiredBandGuy05 said:

Panther Creek doesn't even have senior in their school and they got 3rd in State prelims. 

What. The. Heck.

They do have seniors but this is only the school’s 2nd year in existence. They do have a few kids that moved over from Lone Star so they a little experience at this level. Congrats to them. 

30 minutes ago, cheeto2401 said:

Gatesville, Paris, and Burnet beating canton is absolutely diabolical and suprising

Some bands' numbers were all over the place (e.g. three judges would have had Burnet and Gatesville in finals), but only one judge ranked Canton better than 12th so their numbers were more consistent than many. It's not like one judge cost them a finals slot.

Calallen HS-

WHAT A PERFORMANCE! I really liked their music selections, and the concept of the show was really nice! I'm a sucker for Space themed shows XD. There were some issues in the marching side of the show, but overall, it was well Executed! I enjoyed the performance and am very excited to see Calallen advance to Finals! Congratulations Calallen HS on the performance and being a 2023 4A State Finalist!!!

10 hours ago, Dave609 said:

Pecos HS-

Such a beautiful performance! This was my second time seeing their show and it is still as good as the first time I watched it! Great power, tone, and overall, great technique! I really enjoyed the visuals! Truly could see them place within the Top 15! Overall, thank you Pecos HS for an amazing performance!

Thanks for recognizing the Pride of Pecos! We are a small school with big heart ❤️ 

West Plains HS-

AMAZING! That was an amazing performance! I felt that it was much improved from their prelims run. I love the concept of this show and the use of Starry Night painting to create this concept! The music is nice, the visuals looked clean, and overall was executed well! Congratulations to the first time finalist at UIL State, Your 4A 2023 State Finalist, West Plains HS!