2022-23 Area C Predictions?

2 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Do you know how the rain delays will work? If finals is canceled does it get moved to Monday or will prelims scores decide the contest?

So if they do, the whole contest would be moved to the rain delay day. It shouldn't affect the contest tomorrow, but if it does, they will move everything. If all bands went and there was a weather concern, then if I'm correct, Prelims would stand as the Final results.

59 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Someone in the Area B discussion thread said that the Area Secretary explained that if the whole contest cannot be completed before midnight then prelims results will stand for the whole contest. 

That would make sense to, especially if Prelims can be done, but not Finals

8 hours ago, Dave609 said:

Got my setup ready for tomorrow! If anyone is at the contest watching and wants to hangout, I'll be sitting towards the top of the stadium near the middle :). Goodluck to all Students, Parents, and Directors tomorrow! We will be starting bright and early with Rockwall-Heath, so make sure your there to see them!

Would love to hear your commentary on Prelim performances! I’ll be there for finals. 

20 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

Alright so here is the actual schedule today. So the first session groups will be 45 minutes later than they were scheduled. The lunch break is shortened to 30 minutes, and the second half of Prelims will be as is. Sorry for the constant corrections.

I’ll be heading out there later today, so appreciating the updates. 

Rockwall-Heath:

The Fortune Teller-

Great first hit! Love the intro. Good forms and great job on tone. Wish I could hear the flutes, but great job to woodwinds on the hits! Brass sounds awesome! They do need to work on their flutter runs though, and the Euphonium solo with the woodwinds playing sounds great! I really liked the third movement, great emotion! The beginning to the fourth movement is great! Also love the flute solo! Great tone! Great job to the tubas for playing loud and bot overpowering! Overall, AMAZING JOB!!! Awesome way to start the contest!