Claudia Taylor Johnson

Vandegrift

College Park

Cy-Fair

Judson

Hanna

Dawson

James E. Taylor

I'll stick to my 1-2 prediction of Flower Mound/CTJ, not sure of order.

One poster criticized me for guessing the Area E results.  Well, this is TX Bands, and about 1/2 this website is predicting contest outcomes!

I feel bad for Reagan and Westlake.  They would have advanced in most of the other areas.  But, with marching/all-state/honor band - there are always 1 or 2 areas that are just harder than the others.

I'm very excited to see so many programs advance to the state round that haven't gotten there before or not for a very long time.  Bravo!

I'll stick to my 1-2 prediction of Flower Mound/CTJ, not sure of order.

I personally loved FloMo's recording and they did end up 1st in Area C, but very oddly it wasn't by any real clear margin. The performances were technically brilliant and full of amazing tone and depth of color across all sections (especially the clarinets!) but the only place it was relatively lacking in any way was with emotional musicality. And it seems like more than a few of the judges today didn't take too well to that.

Thanks. What happened to Keller? Were they at Area? Is there any way we can see the ratings?

Keller Central advanced over Keller last year as well. Nothing happened to Keller. They still have an amazing concert program; this is just what the judges decided. I believe Keller was 4th out of 8 in area B.

Keller Central advanced over Keller last year as well. Nothing happened to Keller. They still have an amazing concert program; this is just what the judges decided. I believe Keller was 4th out of 8 in area B.

Didn’t mean to say anything happened to Keller- was just curious about how they placed. Also it is interesting to see how concert band stacks up compared to marching season- if I’m not mistaken, Keller was ahead of Coppell and KC at Area and BOA for the music caption. Just shows the depth of this area. Insanely difficult. October is going to be so exciting

Didn’t mean to say anything happened to Keller- was just curious about how they placed. Also it is interesting to see how concert band stacks up compared to marching season- if I’m not mistaken, Keller was ahead of Coppell and KC at Area and BOA for the music caption. Just shows the depth of this area. Insanely difficult. October is going to be so exciting

Yeah, Keller is pretty far ahead of KC and Coppell in terms of music in marching season.

Not sure I would agree with that. All are strong programs in both parts of the year.

Yeah sorry, “pretty far” was the wrong phrase to use. I was just trying to say that I’ve heard a slightly more noticible difference in sound quality and music difficulty in marching season.

• 3 weeks later...

The Honor Band Finalist List has been updated:

Frenship

Coronado

Keller Central

Coppell

Flower Mound

Wylie

Duncanville

McNeil

Claudia Taylor Johnson

Vandegrift

College Park

Cy-Fair

Judson

Hanna

Clements (Dawson has withdrawn)

James E. Taylor

Predictions??

I think top 3 will be Vandegrift, Coppell, Flower Mound, not necessarily in that order