Just wanted to start some early predictions. These will change of course as more bands join.

1: Ronald Reagan HS

2: Vandegrift HS

3: Hendrickson HS

4: Westwood HS

5: Pflugerville HS

Thats about as far as I would like to go, as I haven't seen shows from any of the other currently competing bands.

Another thing to keep in mind however is that Cedar Ridge HS will be performing in exhibition (according to TMC website) and if they were to perform in competition, they would likely have a close bout with Hendrickson for that 3rd place finish. Reagan and Vandegrift also seem like they could be switched as well, but based on what I saw personally last year, Reagan comes out hitting hard at the start of the season.

We shall soon see! :)  

Here's the link to the official registration list - http://www.texasmarchingclassic.com/modules/regform/index.php?show=1

1. Reagan

2. Vandy

3. Hendrickson

4. New Braunfels

5. Pflugerville

Next few in no particular order:

Belton

Canyon

Hays

Westwood isn't on the current list, and it's not on their public calendar, so I haven't included them for now. If they do sign up, they probably end up 4th, right behind Hendrickson.

(Registration closes September 10th)

Totally random...for some reason this beautiful 9/11 morning, I was thinking of the TMC competition and the really awkwardly amusing thing they do at these types of non BOA local competitions. I know it's a fund raising gimmick, and I respect that, but I would love to know what you band kids think of the "shout outs" that your friends and families can pay to have read over the PA system as your band takes the field. Sometimes they are truly funny, and sometimes they are just painfully embarrassing for the poor kid. I do get a kick out of listening to them, but I was wondering what the band kids actually thought of them? I think my kid woulda killed me if I'd done it!!!

Honestly I think its great that parents do that, because it lets the kids know that their parents are there if they don't already know and it also gives them a little more to perform for, which is to make their parents proud.

I actually disagree. If it's before the show I feel like it would distract performers from what they're out there to actually do.

• 2 weeks later...

Schedule:

Elgin - 9:15

Liberty Hill - 9:30

Wimberley - 9:45

Harker Heights - 10:00

BREAK

Stony Point - 10:30

CC Winn - 10:45

Manor - 11:00

Pflugerville - 11:15

BREAK

Marble Falls - 11:45

Temple - 12:00

Copperas Cove - 12:15

Ronald Reagan - 12:30

BREAK

Hendrickson - 12:45

Canyon - 2:00

John Paul Stevens - 2:15

Belton - 2:30

Jack C Hays - 2:45

BREAK

Georgetown - 3:15

Vandegrift -3:30

Lake Travis - 3:45

New Braunfels - 4:00

Stephen F Austin - 4:15

Didn't address this in my last post, but I'm hoping Stony Point does better at TMC. Hopefully they'll be cleaner by the event. Unfortunate how they ended up placing Saturday at Austin.

I agree. I thought they deserved much higher.

Definitely. They've been having a rough season with the staff changes which I total understand as a Cedar Ridge member. However, the recordings I've seen were alright. Not last place material in my eyes.

Not at all. To be honest there were lots of bands near the bottom that were beaten by a certain 1A marching band from a private school that shouldn't have been placed nearly as high as they were.

Not at all. To be honest there were lots of bands near the bottom that were beaten by a certain 1A marching band from a private school that shouldn't have been placed nearly as high as they were.

For what it's worth, Ann Richards is a public school. And I think they were ranked about right. Maybe a place lower. 

I also would not have put Stony Point in dead last. However, it didn't show the promise that last year's show had - one of their most  - if not *the* most - impressive showings I've seen in my whole time in the activity.

Ok, this one is coming up this weekend so let's bring it back to the forefront. I know it's not a huge competition comparatively speaking, but it will be exciting to see the battle continue to evolve between Vandy and Reagan! Props to Reagan for driving up for this one. It's practically in my backyard so I plan to at least go for finals. I'd love the chance to see Hendrickson again, and to see what JP Stevens has this year!

Edit: And Cedar Ridge will be doing an exhibition after the national anthem. That right there is reason enough to go. Man, I LOVE their show this year!!