• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k i figured out that im doing Dubois Concerto on alto sax... for now i told my lesson teacher that i'd learn only third movement but now im kinda thinking over learning all of it... thatd be insanely hard tho... 18 minutes of really difficult solo literature

edit: i think our sax quartet (actually a quintet for this piece) is doing flight of the bumblebee. haha its actually a pretty good arrangement for it.

Were doing a pretty easy trumpet trip. I think its called "3 of a kind" or somethin like that... lol. Our director wouldnet let us do a class one cus our 3rd trumpet is a french horn tryin to play a trumpet. We didnt have any other high school trumpets besides me and another girl. I doin a class one solo though.

Shepherd's Hey by Grainger

It looks like it'll be crazy challenging and fun.

By the way, it's been a while since I've been on the site (haven't been able to design graphics since I had some... computer troubles), but the site is shaping up to be something awesome! How's everyone else doing/feeling about the site's improvements?

I would love to get three other trumpets (or just other brass instruments) and perform a contrapunctus from Bach's Art of Fugue....

Oh, if you do anything, do Contrapunctus IX. My friends and myself got that about three weeks before S & E last year, and we still got a 1. I'm not saying it's really easy, but man, it is a total blast to play. The last chord... ::drool::

Shepherd's Hey by Grainger

It looks like it'll be crazy challenging and fun.

By the way, it's been a while since I've been on the site (haven't been able to design graphics since I had some... computer troubles), but the site is shaping up to be something awesome! How's everyone else doing/feeling about the site's improvements?

Shepard's Hey is fun! I played the full band version in 7th grade with my symphonic band. Its mucho fun!

Um i play a baritone and i might do a solo between Minuet-Scherzo by Joseph De Luca if it is on the list . If it is not on the list im probably going to play Beautiful Colorado (Valse Caprice) by Joseph De Luca. Wow that was kind of ironic, i didnt even notice till now that both solos were written by the same composer. thats just really weird.

for solo, i'm either playing Concertino for Horn by Carl Maria von Weber, or Sonata for Horn by Bernard Heiden[really contemporary in contrast to the rest of the french horn music..] and they're both extremely hard songs to play well.my lessons teacher is getting me En Foret just for fun sometime soon, maybe i'll play it next year : ]

The Heiden sonata is HARD to play all the way through, pretty high tessitura. Personally, the 3rd movement is one of my favorite things ever.

I, an ohioan, am playing Villanelle for our solo and ensemble contest. Gotta' get my high chops workin' again after I get my low ones in shape for 4th horn at all state. Sheesh.