• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did Concert Etude by Goedicke on trumpet last year. It is probably the funnest trumpet solo ever in the history of music. i recomend it to any trumpet player that can double tongue pretty well.

i was thinking about not doing a solo this year, but i think i have decided on Song of the Pines.

I'll probably be in a trumpet trio. maybe Buglers Holiday??

Dude buglers holiday is awesome. Thats the one we were thinkin of doin for our trumpet trio too.

i can't figure out how to get an ensemble together, personally. any advice?

Just get a couple of pple in you band that are interested. Find a good trumpet player, frech horn, or any other brass instrument player.

im torn between about 10 different solos to do. seriously. perhaps some sax people could help me choose between these...

concerto- Henri Tomasi (if someone has a recording, thatd be really sweet)

concerto- Ingolf Dahl

concerto- pierre max dubois

duo- hartley

prelude, cadence, et finale- desenclos (probably not.. not on the PML and it'd be really hard to find a pianist that good)

caprice en forme de valse- bonneau

improvisation et caprice- bozza

Aaron, try Mozart's "Overture to the Magic Flute."

Assuming it's played up to tempo, and you have a rockin 4th horn player (the 4th part is mostly all in bass clef), this piece can be REALLY fun, although really difficult. It's a lot of fast 8th note stuff, so it tends to drag a lot.

Thanks, I'll look into it. I think I'm the only one that's a fluent bass clef reader, but I like playing first part. I'll make them write in the notes or something.

Playing Buegler's holiday in a trio.

I am not sure what I am playing for a solo yet.

I played a piece last year called Concerto in F by Oskar Bohme. You dont have to memorize to go to state it if you play the 1st or 3rd movement (I played the 3rd)

We wanted to do Buglers Holiday for out trumpet trio but since the 3rd trumpet is a frech horn so he said the range would be too much for her. So far I think were doing either "Fantasies of Mexicac folk songs" or some other song that I forgot the name of... Im still lookin for sax quartet music though. I got a 1 doing "Arioso from Cantana" on the alto last year.