I REALLY REALLY like this from Wakeland.  Once they get the rest on the field and start to polish, I think this could really be tremendous by the time they go to GN. 

I also look forward to seeing what they can do at BOA Austin in a couple of weeks.  I think that you definitely have to consider them to be in the mix for the Austin finals based on how the show looks so far.

It's a bit of a stretch, but you can hear the Flower Mound band starting at around 1:36:00 (it starts a little before this but the announcers stop talking around this point).

Sounds like a much more intense show musically than last year.

Same channel, but this time for Hebron (and a more recent video). The announcers do not shut up for this one.

It starts at 1:41:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCdmhnDMuzY&list=UUL1TLfLiW0N0RoxHAX7e1TQ&index=8

I will be there watching the football game. Nix has some good videos on YouTube of hebron. They look and sound great. Marcus has been radio silent as usual. Looking forward to seeing them play Friday. I think it is homecoming for Hebron. Only a couple weeks until Denton.

Anyone seen LD Bell yet? That is my next weekend mission if they are playing close by. Flomo anyone? Haven't seen anything good video wise on them but am hearing great things from some friends of mine. They should have a breakout year.

Didn't know you were a LISD homer xenon.

Title is Heart and Soul, only composition that I remember being in there (It was announced a while ago and I can't find any info about it online) is Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain. It'll easily be the hardest and hopefully the best show we've done.

Got the full thing now.

Movement 1: Heart and Soul, Thousand Years-Christina Perri, American in Paris-George Gershwin

Movement 2: Night on Bald Mountain-Mussorgsky,

Movement 3: Jar of Hearts- Christina Perri

Movement 4: Combination of Heart and Soul and Firebird Suite

Xenon, what were your thoughts on Hebron and Marcus?

That it is very very very early in the season.

Marcus - Imperial Treasures

Hebron - When Midnight Comes

With the knowledge that it is very early in the season and understanding how these bands will grow, it is to be expected that these bands (and every other band in the state) are dirty and only have up through the ballad on the field.

Marcus's opener is full of regal and imperial sounding chords that by the end of the season are going to fill the Alamodome with resonance, all while having some of the most effective drill design I've seen from them in a while.

Hebron has an absolute ton of nonstop music with a lot of playful quirkiness and they are already playing out with a good amount of power and clarity.

Talked to a parent at that game and they echoed your exact thought.  Marcus has always been criticized for simpler drill with exacting musical performance where Hebron tends to error towards exhausting drill and solid musical performance.  They said that the Marcus drill is much more complex but still deliberate while Hebron has stepped up their musical complexity.  Can't wait, can't wait!!

BTW--The Woodlands video is awesome.  I'd be more worried about them right now.

Posted on TW's Facebook page. (Nothing interesting posted on LD Bell's yet, btw.) This is what I was talking about when I mentioned that I had trouble seeing the drill by itself. Imagine these on wheels interacting with the drill. It looks like there's a spot to insert a dowel, which might imply that the direction of the arrows can be changed and locked into place. Apparently the "descending" part of their show name will be communicated quite literally. I can also see the opening, descending motif of Radiohead's Everything in its Right Place being used to communicate this.

By the way, did Marcus have any props on the field? I'm just curious to know whether or not they're going with giant props in the upper left corner of the field again. That's sort of their signature. I think something was actually lost visually last year without them.

https://www.facebook.com/twhsband/photos/pb.19279833424.-2207520000.1411275571./10152480674683425/?type=3&theater

By the way, did Marcus have any props on the field? I'm just curious to know whether or not they're going with giant props in the upper left corner of the field again. That's sort of their signature. I think something was actually lost visually last year without them.

Marcus did have quite a few gemstone wireframe props lining the backfield and moving around some. As just wireframes they were hard to see. I don't know if they are eventually going to put a liner on them or LED strips, or whatnot.

Anyone know about any 5A's?

Waxahachie HS

"Aquaria" - Featuring the music of Claude Debussy, Brian Balmages, Alan Silvestri, Ilan Eshkeri, and original music. 

We wanted to address our weaker areas with this year's show.  Specifically, we wanted to have a much higher GE impact, not have the drill seem so simplistic, and we wanted to identify a few areas where we could let the band loose to just "park and blow".  There's quite a bit of choreography compared to our shows in past years, and we're up to set 65 halfway through the ballad (part 3 of 5).  Hopefully everyone will enjoy, and, more importantly, we hope the significant style change won't bite us in the butt this first year.  

Anybody going to watch the Haltom- Richland game this Friday? I've heard they both have great shows this year.

Well, I think everyone knows I'm a Haltom person...lol...So I will be at the game Friday. Haltom's show is entitled "Dragon Ritual" and I think it holds quite a few surprises this year. As others have said, it is still kind of early in the year, but...Haltom is going to its first contest the following day...Mansfield's Preview of Champions, so I expect they will be as polished as possible.

I haven't heard about Richland's show, but am looking forward to seeing it. We are the visitors this year, so I'm going to try to make it over to the home side to get the "full effect" of both shows. Wish me luck! I'm looking forward to seeing both!!!