2011 High School Schows

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 61 schools on this list.

The list in the original post contains 19 shows.

I'm looking for the list of 19 schools that are playing each of the 19 shows, not the full list of past clients.

I suppose if I'd been keeping a steady tally of the past client list, I probably could have figured this out myself by comparing the lists year to year...but I've completely lost track of who he's still writing for or who he's no longer writing for.

EDIT: Btw, Montoya.....you spelled "Vandergrift" wrong :P

There are 61 schools on this list.

The list in the original post contains 19 shows.

I'm looking for the list of 19 schools that are playing each of the 19 shows, not the full list of past clients.

I suppose if I'd been keeping a steady tally of the past client list, I probably could have figured this out myself by comparing the lists year to year...but I've completely lost track of who he's still writing for or who he's no longer writing for.

EDIT: Btw, Montoya.....you spelled "Vandergrift" wrong :P

ARGH!! I'll get on that typo. Thanks!!

Btw...

Akins (TX)

Boiling Springs (SC)

Brazoswood (TX)

Clear Falls (TX)

Del Valle (TX)

Hanks (TX)

Highland Park (TX)

Lake Highlands (TX)

Lake Orion (MI)

Lorena (TX)

James Martin (TX)

McNeil (TX)

Pearland (TX)

Robert E Lee (TX)

Rowlett (TX)

Russell County (KY)

Saratoga (CA)

Seminole (FL)

Westwood (TX)

• 2 weeks later...
Ha, never thought I'd see the day that Duncanville plays Soundtrack music....not that there's anything wrong with it. To me, it is a sign of some welcome change in their show design. Sounds like it will be great!

We played two pieces from Evita my Junior year back in 1997.

• 2 weeks later...

Our school, O'Connor HS in Helotes, is performing their 2011 production of Chrysalis: The Journey Within. It is a little rendition of Reagan's 2002 show, with the music of movements 1, 3, 4 and 5 the same, and 2 our own. It is looking very great right now, and our first competition is this Saturday!

Repertoire:

Mvt. 1 - Journey Within

Mvt. 2 - Life

Mvt. 3 - Exploration

Mvt. 4 - Change

Mvt. 5 - Wings

• 2 weeks later...

I know what a few 2A bands are doing.

Grandview is doing "Comet Ride", never heard of it.. it's variations of twinkle twinkle little star.. really...? I don't understand. Sounds like 6th grade stuff.

Cisco is doing Key Poulan's Rise and Fall of Rome, quite easy, but that trumpet solo is pretty tough.. :P

Wondering what Holliday is pulling out this year..

hmm.

Our school, O'Connor HS in Helotes, is performing their 2011 production of Chrysalis: The Journey Within. It is a little rendition of Reagan's 2002 show, with the music of movements 1, 3, 4 and 5 the same, and 2 our own. It is looking very great right now, and our first competition is this Saturday!

Repertoire:

Mvt. 1 - Journey Within

Mvt. 2 - Life

Mvt. 3 - Exploration

Mvt. 4 - Change

Mvt. 5 - Wings

I love Reagan's version so much. The part where they break out into the Trapeze lick from La Nouba is probably the most musically epic thing in all of marching band (to me).

Sandra Day O'Connor H.S.'s show at the Westlake Marching Band Festival on Saturday, Oct. 9, 2011:

http://westlake.highschoolcube.com/video/w...marching-ba-564

We played in a torrential downpour of heavy rain that started right at the beginning of our show and didn't let up throughout. Placed 6th! 2nd in marching behind Bowie, 3rd in Percussion, 4th in Guard (just a few of the rankings).

Sandra Day O'Connor H.S.'s show at the Westlake Marching Band Festival on Saturday, Oct. 9, 2011:

http://westlake.highschoolcube.com/video/w...marching-ba-564

We played in a torrential downpour of heavy rain that started right at the beginning of our show and didn't let up throughout. Placed 6th! 2nd in marching behind Bowie, 3rd in Percussion, 4th in Guard (just a few of the rankings).

You all did very well, especially with the delay, all the rain and the siren going off in the middle. I really enjoyed your show and was surprised at how loud you all got a few times. Great energy and show!

Marcus show title is Vanity Fair, complete with 7 working Ferris wheels on the field. Don't remember all of the songs, but if you are on the MFA fan site the video should be posted from Conroe by the end of the week and you can see it. It's a good show (obviously because they won Conroe). Their balance is fantastic, staging is great. I wished for a little more power, but that's just what I like.

• 3 weeks later...