2009: Bands of America Grand Nationals

So question... When do yall think bands had their best performance? I read something about Bell and Semi's, but what about everyone else?

The Woodlands best run was prelims i believe, followed by finals. Semis had a couple of major musical tears. I was personally suprised by the rankings, but the show was amazing. :)

Congratulations to all the bands that preformed!

I would like to mention while this is very far off that Cedar Park High School is attending Grand Nationals in 2010.

This will be exiting for them as they debut at a National level.

They however will not be competing at UIL State next year because they are dropping down to 4A.

I hope everyone has a fantastic concert season!

I would like to mention while this is very far off that Cedar Park High School is attending Grand Nationals in 2010.

This will be exiting for them as they debut at a National level.

They however will not be competing at UIL State next year because they are dropping down to 4A.

I hope everyone has a fantastic concert season!

It's kinda sad to see the one of the best 5A's dropping down to 4A...but that's pretty sweet that they will be attending Grand Nationals!!

Does this mean Cedar Park will be considered 2A in BOA? I would love to see someone give Marion Catholic some competition. Its great to see Cedar Park going to Grand Nationals. For many years I've considered Cedar Park Texas' best kept secret from the marching community outside Texas.

Edited by rpd

It's about time!! I can't wait to see what the CP staff is cooking for this show. This really has me looking forward to next year. And I seriously doubt CP would be considered 2A. A majority of UIL 4A bands were considered 3A this year.

• 2 weeks later...
next year, Brazoswood might be competing in grand nationals. i'm in that band and i'm hearing rumors often about it. idk how we'll do well at all... i mean, we have gone down hill since we changed our music arranger. I dont really like montoya's music.

1. Nothin' but love for Brazoswood. I defended you all during Caption Gate at BOA Houston in 2007.

2. Good luck at Grand Nationals, if you all decide to go.

3. Brazoswood's musical selections and music arranger are not the reasons for the decline.

next year, Brazoswood might be competing in grand nationals. i'm in that band and i'm hearing rumors often about it. idk how we'll do well at all... i mean, we have gone down hill since we changed our music arranger. I dont really like montoya's music.

It's not Brazoswood that is going down hill, it's bands in Texas that are stepping up their game. And, Brazoswood is included in that group as well. Trust me, I'm from Brazoria County and I've been following Brazoswood since I've lived here. Daniel Montoya and Kevin Nix are one of the best things that has ever happened to their marching band program. Their designs are what put Brazoswood on the map.