BOA Arlington who do u think will make finals

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like what does the on-field judges do, how they scoring system work things like that

http://www.musicforall.org/Resources/Adjudication/

1x Music Individual (on field)

1x Music Ensemble

1x Visual Individual (on field)

1x Visual Ensemble

2x Music GE

1x Visual GE

The link above has links to placemats that describe exactly the types of things that each type of judge is supposed to look for.

like what does the on-field judges do, how they scoring system work things like that

On-field judges look for individual performance (Music and Visual Individual Captions). Essentially, those judges are looking at consistency from player to player, marcher to marcher.

did anyone get to see north shore just wondering what you thought

North Shore's show was okay. I can say that some of the band students at North Shore that sat close to me in the stands were quite unruly and unbehaved. When another band is performing, it is common courtesy to be quiet and enjoy the show. I was not impressed with their behaviour.

North Shore's show was okay. I can say that some of the band students at North Shore that sat close to me in the stands were quite unruly and unbehaved. When another band is performing, it is common courtesy to be quiet and enjoy the show. I was not impressed with their behaviour.

I agree with you and i kept telling people to be quite but they didn't listen. it was rude and un-professional. Im sorry for the students who did that. They got handeled with accordingly on the way back on for the practice monday.

Here is what I've been able to patch together for Prelims results so far:

1) LD Bell

2) Marcus

3) Berkner

??? (4 or 5) Coppell

??? (4 or 5) Hebron

6) Richland

7) Mansfield

8) Colleyville Heritage

9) Wakeland

10) Haltom

11) Newman Smith

12) Reagan

13) Martin

14) Cypress Falls

15) Aledo

16) Leander

17) William B Travis

18) Creekview

19) Connally

20) North Shore

11th! eff, so close. We can never seem to get into finals though. Did anybody see Smith? i'd appreciate some feedback.

Here's how I see it: All of the following bands are possible finalists broken down into 5 tiers (They are in no particular order within their tiers).

Tier 1

L.D. Bell H.S.

Marcus H.S.

Tier 2

Hebron H.S.

Coppell H.S.

Richland H.S.

Tier 3

Haltom H.S.

Mansfield H.S.

Berkner H.S.

Colleyville Heritage H.S.

9 out of 10 aint bad :P

I usually just lurk but I was at Arlington and had the SAME experience regarding the kids at North Shore. And it wasn't like they were just being rude to one particular band when they were performing, it was EVERY band. The kids (a rather LARGE group of kids mind you) next to us would yell during a bands performance, walk up and down and the stairs and talk (very loudly) during each and every performance. The most upsetting thing was that their band director was close to them and never said a word. Also there was an adult sitting next to the loud kids (I assume he was with them because he had a North Shore had on) and all he did was laugh with them. I saw no discipline. I was very upset at the disrespect they showed every other band there.

I just want to say congratulations to ALL the bands that performed on Saturday. Even though it was freezing outside each and every band put on a great show!

11th! eff, so close. We can never seem to get into finals though. Did anybody see Smith? i'd appreciate some feedback.

I didn't see you perform (we went after you), but just hearing you in warmups it sounded amazing. I can't wait to see how Smith does in the run for state this year.

I thought Newman Smith sounded amazing. If you would see the scores you all got SECOND in Music Performance Ensemble right between Marcus and Bell and FOURTH in Music GE 2. Your visual package is okay. You all still have a lot of cleaning to do. But musically you all were so balanced. I was in shock and I actually thought this was the year you all would squeeze into finals.

Good luck with the remainder of your season.

9 out of 10 aint bad :P

Your knack for calling these contests is uncanny ^^.

You placed 2nd in the TxB Predictions Contest last year, and you're currently in the top 10 in this Fall's contest out of over 250 players as of the most recent count.

I expect nothing less B) .