Favorite High School Marching show

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well almost nobody in this site was around to see Crockett in 1993- some current high schoolers were just being born then! Why don't you just enlighten us please?

That's what I'm saying! How are you going to talk about something and then not tell anyone what it is??? This is a public forum for crying out loud.

That's what I'm saying! How are you going to talk about something and then not tell anyone what it is??? This is a public forum for crying out loud.

What exactly are you wanting to know or be enlightened on other than it was one of the greatest marching shows of its time?? It was in 1993, lots of you weren't around to see it or hear it and there's probably not many recordings out there (and for good reason). It's not that it isn't worth talking about, it's just frustrating to re-live such a bittersweet era of marching band for Crockett, in the year of 1993 that is.

Edited by pokerface

What exactly are you wanting to know or be enlightened on other than it was one of the greatest marching shows of its time?? It was in 1993, lots of you weren't around to see it or hear it and there's probably not many recordings out there (and for good reason). It's not that it isn't worth talking about, it's just frustrating to re-live such a bittersweet era of marching band for Crockett, in the year of 1993 that is.

well then what was the show concept? and what were their accomplishments that year?

well then what was the show concept? and what were their accomplishments that year?

It wasn't championships they had the opportunity to accomplish, although if they couldve they wouldve.. It was the accomplishment of likely having the greatest marching band show in history. I'm done with the Crockett topic though, people are getting angry and frustrated at others just because they weren't around to understand.

It wasn't championships they had the opportunity to accomplish, although if they couldve they wouldve.. It was the accomplishment of likely having the greatest marching band show in history. I'm done with the Crockett topic though, people are getting angry and frustrated at others just because they weren't around to understand.

actually... it seems to mostly be you... but whatever.

Edited by AHSColt11

Actually other people have asked that it be dropped too. I'm just the one that's having all the fun stringing you along. You give me warm fuzzies, warm fuzzies. :D

that's why i said mostly.

i get the fact that it's a show/band that had potential blah blah.... what i want to know is why was it so special???

4 minutes of silence is no secret. did they have a bus wreck or something?

that's why i said mostly.

i get the fact that it's a show/band that had potential blah blah.... what i want to know is why was it so special???

4 minutes of silence is no secret. did they have a bus wreck or something?

Don't worry about it....the fact remains, if there is anything genuinely conspiracy-theoryish about Crockett '93 you won't find answers from anyone on this forum. Its enigma lies in the fact that it was a long time ago, there are no digital recordings of it online, and that the video company that would own any remaining videos of it is now defunct (even the original phone # for the company has been registered to a phone-sex site for the past few years now).

The ones who perpetuate this long-running joke/conspiracy are either one of the creator(s) who know the truth and have no interest in telling (ie. one of the JRIADA) and keep bringing it back for the sake of a cheap laugh, or they're one of the many who have been a victim of it, given up trying to figure out the truth for themselves and accepted that it's nothing more than a well-crafted, rootless joke and join the ranks of those who've also been under the same subjection, whether they know the truth or not.

Thus, PM'ing someone who says something along the lines of "Oh, Crockett '93.....so tragic" and asking them 'what happened?' is fruitless since it's unlikely that they even know the truth, and like many are convinced that it's nothing more than just a joke, that there's nothing groundbreaking about it and they're just using the joke for their own self-humor at the expense of unknowing forum members. This makes finding the truth that much harder, since the nature of how the joke/conspiracy is presented makes it hard to tell who knows the truth and who doesn't.

Don't worry about it....the fact remains, if there is anything genuinely conspiracy-theoryish about Crockett '93 you won't find answers from anyone on this forum. Its enigma lies in the fact that it was a long time ago, there are no digital recordings of it online, and that the video company that would own any remaining videos of it is now defunct (even the original phone # for the company has been registered to a phone-sex site for the past few years now).

The ones who perpetuate this long-running joke/conspiracy are either one of the creator(s) who know the truth and have no interest in telling (ie. one of the JRIADA) and keep bringing it back for the sake of a cheap laugh, or they're one of the many who have been a victim of it, given up trying to figure out the truth for themselves and accepted that it's nothing more than a well-crafted, rootless joke and join the ranks of those who've also been under the same subjection, whether they know the truth or not.

Thus, PM'ing someone who says something along the lines of "Oh, Crockett '93.....so tragic" and asking them 'what happened?' is fruitless since it's unlikely that they even know the truth, and like many are convinced that it's nothing more than just a joke, that there's nothing groundbreaking about it and they're just using the joke for their own self-humor at the expense of unknowing forum members. This makes finding the truth that much harder, since the nature of how the joke/conspiracy is presented makes it hard to tell who knows the truth and who doesn't.

Y'all do know that at some point, some kid's going to go off the deep end about this thing and try to kidnap Montoya at Nationals to torture answers out of him, right?

Hehe....I wonder how many people who post comments like this really know the whole story.

I'll admit I don't know myself (though I am *this* close). The answers lie within the realm of the JRIADA. If you don't have the mettle and aren't deemed worthy by their order, the answers will forever be out of reach.

www.jriada.org

....the site you are looking at when clicking that link is where the journey begins. Confused yet? Me too.....

I know the whole story and I know what JRIADA is. :P