TxBLive Text Message Problems

Hey guys,

I noticed today on my way back from OU weekend that I only received two text messages from the TxBLive Houston Event, and clearly, they were incomplete. Basically this is a widespread problem and we are not sure if it depends on the carrier, how the messages are sent out, or even our webhost.

If you are signed up for text message alerts, please give us the following information:

1. Cell Phone Service Carrier (NOT your number)
  2. How many messages were received today
  3. Briefly describe the message (ie first line of text)
  4. Were any messages obviously split up? (Like 'Hidal' in one message and 'go' in another - NOT incomplete messages, ie 10-6 and not 5-1)

For those of you on AT&T, I found the problem: we were still sending our texts to the cingular network, which doesn't exist. I went in and updated all the accounts, but if you'd like, you can visit TxBLive, unsubscribe, and then resubscribe yourself to see if you get the verification message.

Since I dont have ATT, I'd appreciate if someone could do this and post here to confirm if it now works.

For the non-ATT users, I'm still figuring out what's going on.

For those of you on AT&T, I found the problem: we were still sending our texts to the cingular network, which doesn't exist. I went in and updated all the accounts, but if you'd like, you can visit TxBLive, unsubscribe, and then resubscribe yourself to see if you get the verification message.

Since I dont have ATT, I'd appreciate if someone could do this and post here to confirm if it now works.

For the non-ATT users, I'm still figuring out what's going on.

thanks!

it worked for me :]

Also, I'm looking at our txblive text system and there is one more change that just impacts a few users. Those of you who selected "other/prepaid" will need to unsubscribe and resubscribe with your cell phone carrier. The company that let us send out generic text messages (where we didn't know the cell carrier) has gone out of business.

These users are:

RcAaLvPiHeIsE

lyrictenorsc

Malletguy22

julianthecat9

bossman

fosterchilddude9

ender22

leopardweasel

Brethren

Also, if I'm missing your cell phone company in the list on the subscribe page, please send me a PM or email and I will add it.

Also, I'm looking at our txblive text system and there is one more change that just impacts a few users. Those of you who selected "other/prepaid" will need to unsubscribe and resubscribe with your cell phone carrier. The company that let us send out generic text messages (where we didn't know the cell carrier) has gone out of business.

These users are:

RcAaLvPiHeIsE

lyrictenorsc

Malletguy22

julianthecat9

bossman

fosterchilddude9

ender22

leopardweasel

Brethren

Also, if I'm missing your cell phone company in the list on the subscribe page, please send me a PM or email and I will add it.

thanks, i unsubscribed then resubscribed and it works now

thanks a lott!

TxBLive Text Messaging Update:

I have added 5 new cell phone services to the TxBLive Mobile Signup page. TxBLive now works with:

-Sprint

-Tmobile

-AT&T

-Verizon

-Nextel

-Alltel

-Boost Mobile

-Cricket Wireless

-US Cellular

-Virgin Mobile

As always, feel free to let us know if you'd like another cell phone service added, or if you have any questions/problems signing up for TxBLive.

I still am not getting any text messages on T-Mobile. I just did an unsubscribe/subscribe a few minutes ago. Probably the second or third time I've done this since I originally signed up a few weeks back.

Is anyone on T-Mobile getting text messages from TxBLive?

Edited by lhsbmb

Curious to know if anyone received any 'results' text messages from TxBLive tonight?

I sent out 2 Prelims results text messages which I can confirm a number of people received, but because of the site problems due to high traffic last night, I was unable to get any Finals results text messages sent.

Hi Everyone!

We have a new system for TxBLive Mobile Alerts. This should solve the problems we have been having with a lot of texts not getting through.

If you were previously subscribed to TxBLive Mobile Alerts, your subscription has been moved over to the new system. If you are not subscribed, please check out the new TxBLive Mobile page and signup. It's fast (only takes about 10 seconds) and is free!

Please let us know if you have any questions.