• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing real major this year. The biggest thing was at our last home game.

We have a cheerleader who's in band, and she happens to have a solo. Well after the played the solo she went back to the completely wrong spot in the drill and the whole time she was bumping into people all over the place. She hit about 9 people and even knocked one down. She caused another to drop his insturment, lol. It was pretty funny though when we watched the video. It's pretty noticitble when you only have like 30 on the field :P Plus she sticks out cause she has her cheerleading uniform on!

Our school's always had a few cheerleaders. We've got one in pit, one in the woodwinds, and our drum major is a cheerleader. This is our first year since I've been at the school that we've had a football player in the band. They stick out but it's not a contest so it's not that bad.

Anyway, we just had our UIL performance today. There was a set where a player tripped on a dip in the field and fell. Then two players fell over him in a dominoes fashion. All three recovered nicely, though.

• 3 weeks later...

with our season now being over, we didnt have to many injuries. most things happend during band camp. a guard girl rolling her ankle all that. one of our trumpets did something and ended up being out for the rest of the season. our sax soloist hurt his knee and was out for a couple weeks. but he was back in for region and area. most problems were more along the lines of minor. i hit a trombone, dinted it, another girl hit a mellow, dented it good and made her lip bleed, just little things like that. nothing major. but no props so there arnt that many options for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Well to continue this off of topic-ness...

Our band practice field is right next to our parking lot, and our students know not to park on it, but after school we always have kids walk across our field. Does anyone else go through the pains of saying "Can you please get off our field, we're trying to have a rehearsal". And I have almost been in a fight with a kid because he refused to walk around. I am not particularly a person to be in a fight. It's really annoying.

On topic:

We haven't had any injuries so far as I know. And we don't have rediculous props this year. The only thing thats been a "problem" is that we've had many kids sick and a few fail.

lol next time they walk through the field smack them with a tuba!!! gah kids are so dumb... lol

oh i remember this from sophomore year!

A clarinet got her nose broken during a football game by getting hit in the head with a flag quite hard.

That was not a pretty sight!

speaking of broken noses... does anyone remember the Avon guard girl that got a broken nose in nats like... 05??? i think it was finals. but she like went through the rest of the show crying and bleeding but still kept going. i think at one point they had a close up of her. but i cant remember exactly. anybody know what im talking about?

If i've heard the story correctly... At LD Bell in 2000, a sousa was left behind a bus and ran over at or around state competition time. It was quickly rendered a pancake sousa, director very angry. Can anyone confirm the details?

I remember hearing about this. I'm not sure if it was 2000 tho, maybe 2001? I'll ask the gf, she knows.

speaking of broken noses... does anyone remember the Avon guard girl that got a broken nose in nats like... 05??? i think it was finals. but she like went through the rest of the show crying and bleeding but still kept going. i think at one point they had a close up of her. but i cant remember exactly. anybody know what im talking about?

Semi-finals actually, theres a picture of her somewhere on the internet, its pretty brutal looking. But props to her for finishing the show AND performing in finals

Semi-finals actually, theres a picture of her somewhere on the internet, its pretty brutal looking. But props to her for finishing the show AND performing in finals

lol ok well at least someone remembered what i was talking about!

i also think it was semis when i tripped over someones rifle right in front of the camera right before lux aurumque. probably one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

either semis or prelims. either way it was in front of the camera. at least i wasnt bleeding all over the place like that girl. props to her! lol

If i've heard the story correctly... At LD Bell in 2000, a sousa was left behind a bus and ran over at or around state competition time. It was quickly rendered a pancake sousa, director very angry. Can anyone confirm the details?

I could have sworn that was 2006 at a football game within a week or two of GN, but I also need confirmation.

Avon 2005 - Now and Zen. GN Semifinals. The guard girls were tossing rifles while on a raised stage in front of the pit. A neighbor's rifle smacked the girl square in the nose, breaking it. She was down for a while, but she got back out there and finished the show in her serene Zen position with blood streaming down her face. She performed in Finals and was later interviewed live on the big-screen by Dan Potter.

The guard girls were tossing rifles while on a raised stage in front of the pit. A neighbor's rifle smacked the girl square in the nose, breaking it. She was down for a while, but she got back out there and finished the show in her serene Zen position with blood streaming down her face.

:mellow:

Just reading how you describe that makes me think that you, sir, have very *ahem* morbid artistic tastes.

• 3 weeks later...
Last year during rehearsal in the schools parking lot, some guy, I guess to show off, floored it backing out.

Some guy peeled out in our parking lot during a rehearsal but just ended up on top of a corvette.

Oh, and don't accelerate if someone jumps on the hood of your car...

Last year, our wireless mics picked up orders from a near by drive through during a competition. :D