Area D Marching Contest

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Via the Region 26 Website:

The draw for order will be held at the Hays HS Band Hall on Tuesday, October 21, at 1:30 PM. Directors of bands who are certified to Area are welcome to attend. Light snacks will be provided.

I'll see if I can talk my way into attending this. War Light Snacks.

Via the Region 26 Website:

The draw for order will be held at the Hays HS Band Hall on Tuesday, October 21, at 1:30 PM. Directors of bands who are certified to Area are welcome to attend. Light snacks will be provided.

I'll see if I can talk my way into attending this. War Light Snacks.

So that is the random draw for area? Completely random? Meaning nothing to do with distance to travel or anything?

I'm wondering the same thing...I haven't heard anything about Reagan this year...

I am also wondering the same thing cuz of all the changes. Their third band director also moved to hebron. after all the changes that had happened. Lots of schools have been through so many changes this year. Like Regan and Westfield, and the woodlands.

So that is the random draw for area? Completely random? Meaning nothing to do with distance to travel or anything?

Depending on the # of bands in each region that advance a preliminary schedule is made up. example:

Region 12

Region 18

Region 20

Region 9

Break

Region 12

Region 18

Region 20

Region 9

Break

Region 12

Region 18

Region 20

Region 9

Then the order is drawn. The first region 12 band goes first, then, the second region 12 band goes in the middle block, and the last goes in the last block. And so on.

I highly agree.

I'm really excited.

When results are posted, can someone put a list of all the bands that are going to be here?

And when is the schedule made?

There is a list of all of the Area Qualifiers in the thread pinned on this Forum.

Region UIL Contest Results.

The performance draw for Area D will be held on Tuesday at Hays H.S. I'll try to get a schedule up as soon as possible.

This is all based on the information from the assorted UIL Region Websites.

Area D Marching contest will consist of the following bands:

From Region 8:

• Midway
  • Killeen
  • A&M Consolidated
  • Bryan
  • Ellison
  • Belton
  • Temple
  • Copperas Cove

From Region 12:

• Churchill

• East Central
  • Judson
  • Lee
  • MacArthur
  • Madison
  • New Braunfels
  • Reagan
  • Roosevelt
  • Smithson Valley
  • Wagner

From Region 18:

• Akins
  • Anderson
  • Austin
  • Bowie
  • Conally
  • Dripping Springs
  • Hendrickson
  • Hays
  • LBJ
  • McCallum
  • Pflugerville
  • Westlake

From Region 26:

• Cedar Park
  • Georgetown
  • Leander
  • McNeil
  • Roundrock
  • Stoney Point
  • Vista Ridge
  • Westwood

As stated previously, this is from UILs website. I may be wrong, so please edit list as errors are found.

Cant wait for this saturday.

Yes sorry. I just double checked all the bands and the following are 4A bands I put in by mistake.

• Midway
  • Killeen
  • Dripping Springs
  • Hendrickson
  • Jack C. Hays
  • LBJ
  • McCallum

All the others are correct so that comes out to 32 bands which means 6 bands to state if I understand correctly.

Cedar Park's a shoe-in, Churchill will most likely be in....James Bowie has a really good shot, not to mention the history. From there it's almost impossible to say:

You've got Connally and Vista Ridge, both spectacular 4A programs in their day that are finally stepping into the 5A light ready to dominate.

You've got Westlake; which has been completely off the radar screen all season...they made it to state contest every year since '98 with the exception of '06....they'll be looking for retribution this time around for sure.

You've got Georgetown; their drill is the most difficult they've ever done and it has been dirty dirty dirty all season (Visual exec ranked 16th at Arlington compared to their 6th place music exec ranking), but it has cleaned up tremendously and they looked great at UIL....if they can get the drill up to par with their music performance they'll have a shot.

You've got Round Rock, which is having a spectacular year. They've spent all season nipping at Bowie's heals. They've never been to the 5A State marching contest before but for the first time ever I believe they have a really good chance.

Ronald Reagan. They'd be a shoe-in except we haven't seen much from them so far and there are concerns with all the changes they've been going through.....I have no doubts they'll still be competitive for the spots though.

And of course Akins.....they surprised the heck out of everyone by going from a band no one had even heard of to a State finalist in just 3 months back in '06. They're holding true to their reputation this season and are also in the running for a spot.

Yeah, I agree with longhorn sax.....this is a mess.

This competition is going to take freaking forever.

32 bands at 15 minutes a band equals 8 hours of just PRELIMS competition, not including breaks or lunch for the judges. Then ten? bands make finals? Anyone who makes finals is gonna be there till like 1 in the morning.

So true. The draw order goes down today and I'll see if I can get a schedule up later today. The UIL Area packet states that Prelims will begin "around 9:00 AM, depending on the number of bands attending". The packet also says that Finals will start at 7:00 PM, which seems to be a little more set in stone.