[Major Event] BOA Arlington, TX Regional - October 4, 2008

as for overall entertainment I am absolutely in love with Legacys show!

Yeah, that was definitely my favorite entertainment show of the day. They've got a LOT of cleaning to do, but you could tell that the members and staff (I talked with a few of them) are really excited and will be planning on working as hard as they can. I expect them to make a really big splash in Area B Finals. Maybe even putting up a good fight for one of the State spots.

Yeah, that was definitely my favorite entertainment show of the day. They've got a LOT of cleaning to do, but you could tell that the members and staff (I talked with a few of them) are really excited and will be planning on working as hard as they can. I expect them to make a really big splash in Area B Finals. Maybe even putting up a good fight for one of the State spots.

yeah it was a really well thought out show :]

wait isn't legacy 4A this year?

So we had two 4A schools make it into Finals. That is rare for a Texas Regional and quite an accomplishment as well. I'm sure it'll make things a little more interesting later on in the season.

One has to remember that some of the usual players did not attend the Arlington. Regional, most notably, LD Bell, Churchill, Reagan, Austin Bowie, The Woodlands, SFA, Westfield or Brazoswood. If two or more of these bands would have attended, the finals lineup would have been different.

One has to remember that some of the usual players did not attend the Arlington. Regional, most notably, LD Bell, Churchill, Reagan, Austin Bowie, The Woodlands, SFA, Westfield or Brazoswood. If two or more of these bands would have attended, the finals lineup would have been different.

either way the 4A schools still had very strong performances and i gave them major props

I agree about the 4A bands. Good for them!! Though BOA Housten is going to be amazingly stacked. Also I agree as well with you above, Hebron was by far my favorite band there, though I can't really say because I didn' get to see Cedar Park. :( After their start, I thought it was an amazing performance.

Edited by flutespaz21

So we had two 4A schools make it into Finals. That is rare for a Texas Regional and quite an accomplishment as well. I'm sure it'll make things a little more interesting later on in the season.

Not to mention, Legacy is in it's 2nd year of existance. That is breaking a record I believe, as the only second year school to ever make a BOA Regional finals. (Reagan did it in three years)

Not to mention, Legacy is in it's 2nd year of existance. That is breaking a record I believe, as the only second year school to ever make a BOA Regional finals. (Reagan did it in three years)

Ronald Reagan and Kennesaw Mountain from Georgia both accomplished the same feat.

Ronald Reagan opened in 1999 and competed in BOA in 2000 and made Finals at Houston & San Antonio.

Kennesaw Mtn. opened in 2000 and competed in BOA in 2001 and made Finals at Orlando & Atlanta.

Well in my eyes, competing in your first ever BOA regional and making finals is just as notable.. regardless of how long your school has been around. There are schools that have been around forever(30+ years) but are just recently taking a spin on the BOA Train. It doesn't make it any less impressive, ya know.

Let's hope this wind doesn't become a habit for the Arlington regional everyear.

2 years running. Let's hope that streak is broken next year.

It's really hard to critique the guard and effect the guard creates with the music and the band when the wind is blowing.

I'm pretty sure the new woodlands school made finals in their 2nd year of existence as well.

i heard trinity did it bc one of thier judges tapes got messed up and thier new director demanded they go again to get judge feed back

A technical issue occurred with Trinity's tapes and they were allowed to get another critique. They had every right to get a critique, seeing that bands pay hundreds of dollars in BOA contest fees for the feedback.

Am I the only one who wasnt very fond of Hebrons show? They had somewhat ok music/visual but not that great IMO. didnt get the theme with the eyes either.

Best sounding bands where Marcus Berkner and Cedar Park. Visual Marcus and CP.

Legacy was by far a crowd favorite. Kinda made me like a school girl again. I loved how the trumpets used the mutes during that one section. That was the coolest sound Ive ever heard. I would like to see more from this band and it will not be easy, but they can push and survive. They have excellent potential. But each band has to show great attention to detail from music, to even making the white "tents" in a straight line lol

Edited by morebueno

Ronald Reagan and Kennesaw Mountain from Georgia both accomplished the same feat.

Ronald Reagan opened in 1999 and competed in BOA in 2000 and made Finals at Houston & San Antonio.

Kennesaw Mtn. opened in 2000 and competed in BOA in 2001 and made Finals at Orlando & Atlanta.

Oh okay, I stand corrected. lol. So they both did it in one year?