[Major Event] BOA Houston, TX Regional - October 11, 2008

I see the top five looking like this.....

In ABC Order----L.D. Bell HS, Stephen F. Austin HS. The Woodlands HS, Winston Churchill HS, and the toss up going to either Clear Brook HS or Cypress Falls HS.

Dude- 3:00a.m.????? Are you a night owl or what?

I like your order of placement. I am still hoping for a SFA repeat. Knocking off the defending national champs would be Awesome.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude- 3:00a.m.????? Are you a night owl or what?

I like your order of placement. I am still hoping for a SFA repeat. Knocking off the defending national champs would be Awesome.

That was 4:00am Central Daylight Time. Sounds like you might need to adjust your forum time zone. ;)

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a podcast in before Saturday, so here's how I see the contest going down.

The brand new BOA Pearland Prelims schedule is up. Start time is now 9:15 AM with Brazoswood H.S.

http://www.musicforall.org/Programs/Region.../HoustonTX.aspx

I originally had six "locks" and seven "maybe" programs for Finals. I'm going to change it up a bit slightly, since this Regional appears to be more stacked every time I look at it.

Possible "Lock" Finalists: 7

Stephen F. Austin - Defending 2007 Pearland Regional Champion.

The Woodlands - Top four at 2007 Super Regional and Grand Nationals.

L.D. Bell - Defending 2007 Grand National Champion.

Clear Brook - Two out of three BOA Regional Finals in 2007.

Winston Churchill - Top four at two BOA Regionals in 2007.

Westfield - Two BOA Regional Finals in 2007.

Brazoswood - Super Regional Finalist and Outstanding Music Performance in Prelims at BOA Pearland in 2007.

Possible "Maybe" Finalists: 6

Clements

Hendrickson

Cypress Falls

Langham Creek

Spring

Klein

I'm very excited for this competition, it is definantly gonna be a show down of a large amount of fantastic bands. From the predictions I see most people think that L.D. Bell will win, and that The Woodlands or Winston Churchill will get the silver. Only time will tell...

So, The Woodlands has been pretty hush-hush this year with their show. I saw a video of it on YouTube but the video quality was pretty poor and I couldn't get a feel for the show. I know it's called "Rhapsody." What's the concept? What's the music? Looking forward to it at BOA.

So, The Woodlands has been pretty hush-hush this year with their show. I saw a video of it on YouTube but the video quality was pretty poor and I couldn't get a feel for the show. I know it's called "Rhapsody." What's the concept? What's the music? Looking forward to it at BOA.

Go to <twhsband.com> and Click on the icon "Rhapsody," that should help you ^_^

BOA Pearland Finalists:

Cypress Falls

Brazoswood

Hendrickson

Stephen F. Austin

Clear Brook

Friendswood

The Woodlands

L.D. Bell

Spring

Winston Churchill

Class A:

All Captions - Hidalgo

Class AA:

All Captions - Dawson

Class AAA:

All Captions - L.D. Bell

Class A Champion: Hidlago

Class AA:

2nd Place - Waller

1st Place - Dawson

Class AAA:

3rd Place - The Woodlands

2nd Place - Stephen F. Austin

1st Place - L.D. Bell

7:30 - Exhibition: Hidalgo H.S., TX

7:45 - Brazoswood H.S., TX

8:00 - Spring H.S., TX

8:15 - Hendrickson H.S., TX

8:30 - Friendswood H.S., TX

8:45 - Cypress Falls H.S., TX

9:00 - Winston Churchill H.S., TX

9:15 - Clear Brook H.S., TX

9:30 - L.D. Bell H.S., TX

9:45 - The Woodlands H.S., TX

10:00 - Stephen F. Austin H.S., TX

10:15 - Exhibition: Dawson H.S., TX

According to how BOA slots their Regional Finalists, this is your top five and bottom five going into Finals. We obviously know the top three from Prelims but other than that, these are in no order.

Top Five:

1. L.D. Bell

2. Stephen F. Austin

3. The Woodlands

Winston Churchill

Clear Brook

Bottom Five:

Cypress Falls

Hendrickson

Friendswood

Spring

Brazoswood

Finals performances are going on right now. Good luck to everyone. Due to my incredible boredom, here are a few interesting tidbits from the contest so far:

- This Regional features two out of the three programs from Texas that will be attending Grand Nationals in November (L.D. Bell, Hidalgo). Both programs won their Class in Prelims.

- Brazoswood went on first in Prelims at 9:15 AM and went on first in Finals at 7:45 PM.

- Longest time in between performances goes to Spring and Brazoswood (10 hours 30 minutes between performance times).

- Two 4A programs made Finals tonight (Friendswood, Hendrickson). They join Aledo and Legacy as the only 4A programs to make a BOA Regional Finals this year.

Prelims First Block: Three Finalists.

Prelims Second Block: Four Finalists.

Prelims Third Block: Three Finalists.