BOA Arlington

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know of Colleyville's placement?

I was shocked when they didn't make it in.

I hope this doesn't discourage them but encourage them as they go to Grand Nationals this year.

Yeah, I hope the kids over at Colleyville Heritage don't get discouraged. Just keep on working. They've still got San Antonio and Grand Nationals left when it comes to BOA.

Remember what happened in 2006? James Bowie didn't make Finals at the San Antonio Super Regional. A week later they made Finals at BOA Grand Nationals.

Gosh, i swear, were we like the only band that didnt get to see anyone elses?

Its a bit discouraging, i would really like to see some other great shows.

congrats marcus, great job as always. :)

and to all the other bands too, also much congrats, even though i didnt get to see it, im sure everyone did a magnificent job.

Oh wait, i DID get to see a little of winsborro. they were like the only 1A school i think? They have a very nice show from what i saw though. :)

Gosh, i swear, were we like the only band that didnt get to see anyone elses?

Its a bit discouraging, i would really like to see some other great shows.

congrats marcus, great job as always. :)

and to all the other bands too, also much congrats, even though i didnt get to see it, im sure everyone did a magnificent job.

Oh wait, i DID get to see a little of winsborro. they were like the only 1A school i think? They have a very nice show from what i saw though. :)

we didn't either... Maybe a little of mansfield but only b.c we were walking back in for prelims results

Does ANYONE know what's happening with recaps? Our directors don't even know what the results are. And the site promises full recaps by the Monday after the event. So what gives?

Calm, my friend. Be lucky that we even have the opportunity to review recaps when they are available. ISSMA (Indiana's version of TMEA/UIL) has a copyright on scoring sheets for their State Marching Contest. If the scoring sheets are posted on the web, that person will have violated a copyright and can get in some hot water for it.

Leander's Prelims didn't start out so hot. In the opener we were a bit off, but we ended well, might have been the < 2 hours of sleep that hurt us... I hate morning performances >.<

Awesome shows during the finals by the way. Glad we were able to stay for them.

You and I are in the same boat. But its just the luck of the draw. I still find it funny, and a little maddening ( :P ) that Mansfield got to perform at 4:30 and being right down the street from Arlington. But they deserved a finals slot.

We had pre-UIL tonight, at a comfortable (despite being a little humid today in SA) 7:30 time slot. It felt MUCH better than BOA, and we didn't even have a rehearsal before. Afterward we just looked at each other wondering why couldn't we do this at BOA?

Edited by rpd

We had pre-UIL tonight, at a comfortable (despite being a little humid today in SA) 7:30 time slot. It felt MUCH better than BOA, and we didn't even have a rehearsal before. Afterward we just looked at each other wondering why couldn't we do this at BOA?

We had a rehearsal at Arlington Lamar later on BOA Arlington day and we had our best run-through of the show ever.

We pretty much felt the same way.

We had a rehearsal at Arlington Lamar later on BOA Arlington day and we had our best run-through of the show ever.

Dang, a rehearsal after all that? Our band couldn't even stay awake in the stands. Even I started dosing off, and I love watching other bands.

Let me get this straight.

Friday ~7:30am - School

Friday ~5:30pm - Get ready for Football Game

Saturday ~12:00am - Get back to band hall and "sleep" there

Saturday ~2:30am - Get ready to go up to BOA Arlington

Saturday 9:45am - Perform at BOA Arlington

And after all of that you hold a practice?!?!?!

And probably don't even get home to Leander until Sunday ~2:00am?

I don't see how a director can possibly justify all of that work and sleep deprivation. Y'all are students, not slaves.

I don't see how a director can possibly justify all of that work and sleep deprivation. Y'all are students, not slaves.

Not to mention the mental stress it puts on the students. In reality, it seems like there was no time to relax and get their heads screwed on properly. It's a lot to ask for, to say the least.

i'm pretty sure i'd be sleepwalking my sets

hahahha

or sleepmarching i guess?

lmao

This past weekend has just been a blast. (sarcasm).

Our Saturday rehearsal went apparently really well and it doesn't make sense to me, that our whole can be angry, tired, and dehydrated, and yet still throw down "a finals performance show"?

As much as I wanted to make it into finals, I knew it just wasn't going to happen.

After watching our video today, we had two tears which somehow we recovered from, and it was just amazing through all of it we ended up about in the middle of all the bands. I was proud. I was kind of glad that there wasn't a "large" crowd. :]

I really enjoyed watching the bands perform during finals. Wish I could've seen Pascall's. They have our "to tame the perilous skies" show from 2 years ago.

It's pretty much what our director told us.

We tend to have our good performances when motivated (when a past director came back), or when not happy (Saturday).

And Saturday's rehearsal was surprisingly efficient. We fixed all of our problems from that morning and actually improved regardless of the lack of (good) sleep and hectic schedule.

Which is kind of funny in a way.

But regardless, I think that all of us Leander kids have been humbled by this weekend.

Edited by lhstrumpet

Not to mention the mental stress it puts on the students. In reality, it seems like there was no time to relax and get their heads screwed on properly. It's a lot to ask for, to say the least.

Yeah, Cedar Park had a similar schedule but we didnt have to show up at school untill 5 am on saturday so, unlike Leander, we got a good 4 hours of sleep.

Also,

We didn't get home till 4a.m. Sunday morning

Yeah, Cedar Park had a similar schedule but we didnt have to show up at school untill 5 am on saturday so, unlike Leander, we got a good 4 hours of sleep.

Also,

We didn't get home till 4a.m. Sunday morning

Gotta love that sweet 4 hours..

I think our band director said it best, a long rollercoaster of a weekend, emotionally and physically