So for the first time this season i finally learned what all of our songs were in or show. haha

Danza # 2 by bruce yurko

Clocks by coldplay

I am so tired by the beatles

Harrison's Dream by Peter Graham

wind arrangements by Steve shadman

percussion arrangements by Dr. Shawn Hart

Edited by treyj

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I'll give up my argument after this post. Hebron students have brought up in the previous year that bands from out-of-state have copied our show concept. Just because you've seen everything in Texas doesn't mean it's not happening elsewhere. I'm not trying to complain about other bands taking our designs... I just was commenting on how a lot of concepts are recycled. Sorry if it came off negatively. :/ I was just sayin.)

Langham Creeks show is "Masquerade" with music by Bela Bartok arr. by Key Poulan

mvmt. 1 - Bartok:Kossuth

mvmt. 2- 4th String Quartet (the last movement of it)

mvmt. 3 - An Evening with Bela (WAS origionally An Evening in the Villiage from Hungarian Sketches, until we lost the rights last week =/)

mvmt. 4 - Romanian Dances

Looking at the whole package, its the coolest show Langham has ever had. (And by far the most physically exausting show we've ever had, in my opinion)

If you wait further in the season, you'll see something we're bringing back from our "Textures" show several years ago :)

Edited by taylorroh

Sorry if I missed this somewhere else on the forums... But what is that song that Flower Mound has at the beginning of their closer this year? Isn't it the same song that Marcus opened with during their water show (where they all sang it while swaying from side to side like seaweed)?

I believe it's 'The Aquarium' from Carnival of the Animals.

I've heard rumors about the theme for Marcus' show, but I won't say anything about it. But if it is what I hear, then I'm pretty freaking excited about it.

We just got an email out about prop making for our show for next year... I think it starts over spring break. We have our new 18-Wheeler for next year, so we'll see...

yea..marcus 2008 show is god and goddess. their show is amazing. (as usual) they have 6 huge harps were people come out. it is exciting...i saw them at uil regional 2008. u should see hebrons....it is awesome :D

Fabulous. Vertigo is our freaking Ballad. Our entire show is Bernard Herman music.

I know they didn't copy us because our shows are happening simultaniously, but can I go off on a tangent? You can stop reading now if you get annoyed easily......

Methinks Hebron is a highly copied band as far as musical selections (and to a certain extent, visuals)

I know maybe all of our concepts haven't been 100% original, but cmon. DDR? That's Hebron. How many copycat shows have you seen since?

And as far as music, we played that stupid Bjork song that some other band (Sacshe maybe?) is playing again. After we played the Bartok symphony thing, the Woodlands played it in their Hide and Seek show. There's others too... And as far as visual theifery (haha is that a word?), The year after DDR, we saw Haltom do a variation of our visual at the very end of the DDR segment (basically the biggest moment of our show where the crowd cheers the loudest).

All I know if I were a director I'd have the most ballin-out-of-control shows ever. (As long as the band was well-off financially)

Okay tangent is over.

andi is right. i am in hebron too but coping our show...it is kinda irritating...

Stephen... That's why I said in the original post "I know maybe all of our concepts haven't been 100% original..." The Bjork and Bartok don't bother me... But the DDR thing does. So many shows have been based around DDR since Music in Every Direction was in season. And I'm pretty sure we didn't steal that one from a corps. (In fact Saldana said he got the inspiration from the band lock-in lol!)

I've seen two shows this year that incorporate arrows. Just saying.

and..u serious about saldana? that is cool...

Hebron High School's 2008 marching show is: Watched

music is all by bernhard hermann...edited/arranged by mr. D..

Songs-

Opener- Psychotic prelude

Ballad- Vertigo

Closer- walking on dangerous ground.

i think it is the right names...because we use only operner, closer, ballad as names not the real names...

so everyone come and watch us performing a terrfiying show with scary eyes.

thank u!! if u need more info ask me!!

Hebron the most copied band? I hate to be blunt but that's laughable. The Bjork piece....The Cadets did it in 2005 as their ballad. Bernard Hermann....his music has been done so many times. I highly recommend watching the Blue Devils 2000 show. Bela Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra has been performed for YEARS on the field by marching bands and drum corps. I can name so many groups that have performed Concerto for Orchestra and have done dance visuals long before that.

Copying is when you actually copy the entire show.....note for note, visual for visual. Performing one piece or one visual move doesn't mean it's a copycat.

Hebron the most copied band? I hate to be blunt but that's laughable. The Bjork piece....The Cadets did it in 2005 as their ballad. Bernard Hermann....his music has been done so many times. I highly recommend watching the Blue Devils 2000 show. Bela Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra has been performed for YEARS on the field by marching bands and drum corps. I can name so many groups that have performed Concerto for Orchestra and have done dance visuals long before that.

Copying is when you actually copy the entire show.....note for note, visual for visual. Performing one piece or one visual move doesn't mean it's a copycat.

I would just like to say I have never copied a Hebron show. And as a matter of fact, never seen one.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

:P

That Super Regional at San Antonio in 2007 was probably the MOST competitive marching contest I had ever been a part of (very close with UIL 5A State Marching).

All the bands I saw were exceptionally well prepared and, in my opinion, totally blew any recent contest away.

We aren't competing in the Super Regional this year since we're going to be aiming mainly at UIL... is there a tentative listing of the bands participating in the SA Super Regional already?

This next marching season is guaranteed not to disappoint... can't wait! Personally, I'm looking forward to see what Bowie has in store. I've always thought their drill was really precise, accurate, and original; not to mention well charted.

I don't think Coppell is given enough credit, either. Really looking forward to seeing their performance.

thanks! Coppell's show is Opus 32 (The Planets) for 2008

Wow those last couple of posts were an explosion of annoyingness.

Haha...

Wow.

But anyways, I enjoyed Coppell's show the few times I've seen it (about 3 or 4 by now)... But it feels like they're trying too hard this year? I don't know... The arrangement of the music just felt... contrived?

But the guard was nice, and they made good sounds.