Lol.

We never towed cars either.

One day this car was right in the middle of the field. A bunch of us picked up the car and moved it. xD We made sure to hide it well just for an extra thrill.

LMAO that had to be fun!!! man I wish we did things like that lol

our band hall is the building that used to be our old school... 50 years ago... lol but our district can get a brand new weight room with plasma screen tv's and surround sound... while our band hall falls apart

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cypressfallsband.org/

Cypress Falls HS, TX 2008 - "Etched in Stone: Beauty, Power, Grace"

featuring music from Pines of Rome by Ottorino Respighi and Nessun Dorma by Giacomo Puccini

Arranged by Aaron Guidry, Carol Chambers and Robbie Green

Visual Design by Jamey Thompson, Marty Adamson and Ben Lopez

Program Consultants:

Philip Gieger

What kind of transition was that?

From some creepy, bone-chilling show with effects out the @$$ to Roman oldies?

I'm still speechless after seeing this.

Oh well.

I'm looking forward to seeing this as well.

I mean, they ARE Cypress Falls.

Lets see how they pull this one off. They've wooed the crowd way too many times.

I'd like to see if they could do it again with this theme.

I'm actually more excited to see Langham's show than Falls.

With their new director and stuff, I'm really looking forward to the whole masquerade theme and how things go without their old director.

Bela Bartok. I believed Falls did a show in '05 or '06 on Concerto for Orchestra by Bela Bartok.

Cypress Ridge's show sounds pretty epic.

I'm still waiting for the opening of Cypress Ranch and Cypress Lakes' band.

Should be interesting as well.

i heard yall were gunning for vengence this yr also and were coming out to kick some a$$ as well man

wat is yalls theme this yr?

i heard yall were gunning for vengence this yr also and were coming out to kick some a$$ as well man

wat is yalls theme this yr?

After not making BOA Finals at two shows last year and with this being a UIL state year; competing in an Area that only sent 3 bands to state, we choose music more reconizable to the judges. Rest assured it will be vintage Cypress Falls, with the music by Guidry - it will not be a Star of Indiana Roman Show. Expect the same electronics, props, visual twist including a new drill designer, etc... the only difference is you may reconize some of the melodies.

After not making BOA Finals at two shows last year and with this being a UIL state year; competing in an Area that only sent 3 bands to state, we choose music more reconizable to the judges. Rest assured it will be vintage Cypress Falls, with the music by Guidry - it will not be a Star of Indiana Roman Show. Expect the same electronics, props, visual twist including a new drill designer, etc... the only difference is you may reconize some of the melodies.

who's not coming out to kick @ss......

lol

@mac: I think that yayband07 was referring to ours [Cypress Woods] show when he mentioned the "vengence".

and I would assume that you're talking about Cypress Falls, mac.

I've been a fan of Cypress Falls, and believe me, I always look forward to hearing their shows. And their electronics are extremely high tech...their pit's probably the most high tech I've seen. Indeed, I will admit that Cypress Falls' percussion ensemble is the most 'epic' percussion ensemble I've heard.

Last year's Falls show was something impossible to forget.

I'd like to see them do that again.

@yayband07: I wish I could tell you, mate. I like surprises, and I'm pretty sure everyone does too =)

About the vengence, not so much. But we ARE looking forward to becoming a rising band. =)

Edited by Miray

@mac: I think that yayband07 was referring to ours [Cypress Woods] show when he mentioned the "vengence".

and I would assume that you're talking about Cypress Falls, mac.

I've been a fan of Cypress Falls, and believe me, I always look forward to hearing their shows. And their electronics are extremely high tech...their pit's probably the most high tech I've seen. Indeed, I will admit that Cypress Falls' percussion ensemble is the most 'epic' percussion ensemble I've heard.

Last year's Falls show was something impossible to forget.

I'd like to see them do that again.

@yayband07: I wish I could tell you, mate. I like surprises, and I'm pretty sure everyone does too =)

About the vengence, not so much. But we ARE looking forward to becoming a rising band. =)

Can't wait to see Woods, the band was great last year and I'm sure will be even better this year.

And their electronics are extremely high tech...their pit's probably the most high tech I've seen.

I'm sure there are bands with more impressive electronic setups out there (Westfield being one of them). But I was a parking lot monitor for our marching competition that Falls came to and as their pit came by I noticed every single bell percussion instrument had multiple microphones situated underneath the reverberators, MICROPHONES underneath the REVERBERATORS!! They also must have had some crazy good bass amplifier to create some of the awesome bass hits that occured during that show.

I'm sure there are bands with more impressive electronic setups out there (Westfield being one of them). But I was a parking lot monitor for our marching competition that Falls came to and as their pit came by I noticed every single bell percussion instrument had multiple microphones situated underneath the reverberators, MICROPHONES underneath the REVERBERATORS!! They also must have had some crazy good bass amplifier to create some of the awesome bass hits that occured during that show.

yeah im not a big fan of all the electronics.

but my band does it.

all of pit is on mics basically

and the majority of the top woodwind players on wireless mics.

boy theose things are expensive too.

not worth it in my opinion

you can do that!?!?

it's a genius idea... don't get me wrong... but that's like hiding your weaker players... idk though...

it puts some bands at a disadvantage...

nooo!

they're not on the whole time.

just solos

because i mean really you can't hear a flute solo and its an alternative to having them go to the front sideline.

but year its perfectly legal

nooo!

just solos

because i mean really you can't hear a flute solo and its an alternative to having them go to the front sideline.

oooh... i was like... i've gotta' ask my dad about this one... (mr. mckinzey.. big fat guy)

well that's understandable. and i completely agree about the waste of money thing... you could just buy one mic and have it on the front sideline like bell did in their trilogy.

nooo!

just solos

That's exactly what I thought. Most programs will strap a microphone on a soloist and will only turn on the microphone during their solo moment. There have been rumors that some programs will amp their best players all the time and mix the sounds in discretely on the sound board. There has been no such evidence to prove it, though.

My band has horrible luck with electronics. Two years ago, at Area G, our clarinet soloist had a bad microphone and made a very obnoxious ringing sound. You can hear people in the crowd cringing at the sound. Luckily we still made finals despite of it. Then last year we couldn't get power to our synthesizers at USSBA State Championships. We stood on the field for what seemed to be 10 minutes motionless.

Is that legal?

In terms of BOA competition, there's nothing stopping a program from amping a whole section for the entire show. I can see how some people might have a problem with this though.

UIL used to have a rule that prohibited amped soloists unless they were in the pit area. I'm not sure if this rule still exists because I did not see it in the UIL Constitution. Sanchez could probably shine some light on this.

In terms of BOA competition, there's nothing stopping a program from amping a whole section for the entire show. I can see how some people might have a problem with this though.

UIL used to have a rule that prohibited amped soloists unless they were in the pit area. I'm not sure if this rule still exists because I did not see it in the UIL Constitution. Sanchez could probably shine some light on this.

two years ago our show "spotlights" featured soloist in the middle of the field on a big spotlight.

They had wireless mics and UIL did not do anything about it at the area competion.

went on to get 6th in finals

so im assuming it is legal

haha

It's not a genius idea to sit there and amplify the best players and mixing their sounds.

That's retarded, and your band won't get any better.

That to me is cheating.

i agree... but as far as personal soloists go... how can you tell whether their mic is on the entire time or not?

i think it's fine for solo's but playing for the whole thing is just flat out cheating i think. but there's no way to crack down on that...