• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played our first game last night in the ALAMODOME.

Our game was the first high school texas football game of the season, but

luckily we were playing against a pretty easy high school (SA Southwest)

and so we got to have a some pride in winning the first game for high school football.

and now we will lose every other game lol.

but it was crazy to have our first half-time performance be at the alamodome.

poor freshmen were scared.

and so we got to have a some pride in winning the first game for high school football.

But I think ya'll were quite fortunate to get the opportunity to perform there and get a feel for the dome's trippy acoustics early in the season before performing there again in November. For most schools BOA San Antonio is the first (and usually only) time the band gets to break its freshman in to the "dome experience" (the energy, the acoustics, the feel of the turf etc.)....getting a chance to perform there pre-season is a big advantage.

Speaking of BOA, I just ordered G-Town's BOA DVD from last year (39 bucks, yeesh!). You think anyone important (directors etc.) will throw a fit if I put it on Youtube once it comes in?

Edited by takigan

I saw Cy-Falls tonight. I believe they had their pre-show and opener on the field.

If I remember correctly, it starts off like traditional Aaron Guidry but not really over the top electronic-wise.

The first statement was from Nessun Dorma and this was followed by the mellophones and trumpets playing that famous Pines of Rome melody.

They started each segment with the met, but its the first game so I'll let that slide.

There was also giant roman pillars much like Dickinson HS when they did their Respighi show a couple years ago.

This seems to be a very promising show and I enjoyed it even though I was on the side line :D

You all have a very impressive sound set up. The entire front ensemble was mic'd.

But I think ya'll were quite fortunate to get the opportunity to perform there and get a feel for the dome's trippy acoustics early in the season before performing there again in November. For most schools BOA San Antonio is the first (and usually only) time the band gets to break its freshman in to the "dome experience" (the energy, the acoustics, the feel of the turf etc.)....getting a chance to perform there pre-season is a big advantage.

Speaking of BOA, I just ordered G-Town's BOA DVD from last year (39 bucks, yeesh!). You think anyone important (directors etc.) will throw a fit if I put it on Youtube once it comes in?

Let's hope they wont lol. Or PRETEND they dont, if they do.

I havent even seen our BOA show from last year ! Put it up :D!

SA Southwest is actually a decent team. There ranked 6th in the San Antonio area.

I saw Cy-Falls tonight. I believe they had their pre-show and opener on the field.

If I remember correctly, it starts off like traditional Aaron Guidry but not really over the top electronic-wise.

The first statement was from Nessun Dorma and this was followed by the mellophones and trumpets playing that famous Pines of Rome melody.

They started each segment with the met, but its the first game so I'll let that slide.

There was also giant roman pillars much like Dickinson HS when they did their Respighi show a couple years ago.

This seems to be a very promising show and I enjoyed it even though I was on the side line :D

You all have a very impressive sound set up. The entire front ensemble was mic'd.

so we played pre show, part one, and a portion of part 2

and the roman pillars ARE the ones from dickinson hs, we're borrowing them

Oh, I love Adagio for Strings. It's so pretty. :D

I learned a percussion version of it for an audition for indoor drumline, and it was awesome.

(and then, that night, they played it on just about the only Simpsons episode I've ever watched, and everyone at my school who had played it pretty much had simultaneous heart attacks :P)

I hope I'll get to see the show!

Edited by sweetmac_05

SA Southwest is actually a decent team. There ranked 6th in the San Antonio area.

Well, I just figured they were easy because our football team is not very good (havent made playoffs in about 10 years).

lol

On topic of 2008 shows,

Our school's show is called Fighter Flight, a WWII?/airplane theme, and yes, we have an airplane shaped stage/prop on the field.

I think this is Georgetown's first real prop/stage.

Oh, I love Adagio for Strings. It's so pretty. :D

I learned a percussion version of it for an audition for indoor drumline, and it was awesome.

(and then, that night, they played it on just about the only Simpsons episode I've ever watched, and everyone at my school who had played it pretty much had simultaneous heart attacks :P)

I hope I'll get to see the show!

the first time i actually heard it I almost cried at the arrival and that was just the version we made through finale, so hopefully will be better than our past ballads

Can't wait to see them. They're also marching contras this year.

http://www.twhsband.com/photogallery/Photo...ir/DSCN3480.jpg

They pretty much haven't changed.

They have a 'W' instead of the diamond on the jacket.

Their plumes are a bit longer and they no longer have the chains on their hats.

Everything else pretty much didn't change.

I went and watched one of their practices.. if they can keep the contras at a good angle they'll do great with them.

Edited by sakuradanc