Azle and Saginaw tied for first RP 16 16

Boswell RP 20

Fossil Ridge RP 24

Azle - 1 2 4 7 2 = 16

Saginaw - 5 6 1 1 3 = 16

Boswell - 2 5 7 2 4 = 20

Ridge - 10 8 2 3 1 = 24

Springtown - 3 4 3 9 5 = 24

Fossil Ridge tied Springtown and won by judges preference.....

Looks like Ridge barley squeaked in over Springtown

hmm and yet we were first after prelims and the only reason we didnt win was b/c two judges from el paso didnt like our show theme!!!so yea....

hmm and yet we were first after prelims and the only reason we didnt win was b/c two judges from el paso didnt like our show theme!!!so yea....

well some judge obviously did to have broken the tie to get you to state.

sorry that comes off a little harsh, but yah, it's true.

Anyways, you still have another shot to prove yourself to Azle, and it's the one that actually counts. =]

Area E

Sorry I do not have all the results, only got a glance at the scoring. The results were unprecedented, from what I heard the State had to be contacted, took 45+ minutes to do the scores.

Advancing to State

Brenham with a score of 11

Foster with a score of 13

Seven Lakes with a score of 13

Waller with a score of ?? (13 I would guess)

That's right 4 of 6 bands qualifying for state. Really bizarre :wacko:

Scores,

Brenham 3 2 1 2 3 (11)

Foster 4 4 3 1 1 (13)

Seven L 1 1 5 4 2 (13)

Waller 2 3 2 3 4 (14)

Waltrip 5 5 4 6 5 (25)

Terry 6 6 6 5 6 (29)

well some judge obviously did to have broken the tie to get you to state.

sorry that comes off a little harsh, but yah, it's true.

Anyways, you still have another shot to prove yourself to Azle, and it's the one that actually counts. =]

um well sorry that you werent there and dont know what went down but heres my opinion on everything.. we did absolutely HORRIBLE in pre-lims and were pretty scared about even making finals and we ended up in first place with saginaw, azle, and boswell all in the bottom 5. Then we rocked finals, no tears, perfect drill.. our best performance yet, about 20 times better than our performance in prelims but the 2 judges not from the metroplex had a different idea of what a band should sound like and gave us 8th and 10th.. so i kind of get where emily is going with her post. Honestly, our placement doesnt upset me that much.. we had an AMAZING show and thats all that matters. plus we got 1st in marching so im pretty excited about that.

I was about to respond to that saying that they changed up the judges, two of them switching between music and marching, but then I remembered that judge 1 stayed the same :P . I'm getting this info from the schedules they handed out yesterday at the competition. My mom got one and I read all the stuff on it for like 15 minutes out of giddiness. Grats everyone that made it!

I was about to respond to that saying that they changed up the judges, two of them switching between music and marching, but then I remembered that judge 1 stayed the same :P . I'm getting this info from the schedules they handed out yesterday at the competition. My mom got one and I read all the stuff on it for like 15 minutes out of giddiness. Grats everyone that made it!

yup, I noted that as well. That's why I was fairly confident in what I posted. =]

So I guess I'm rooming with you now Ben!

The judge that gave Sherman a 6th in Marching had seen us earlier this year at the Mesquite Marching Festival, so he had an idea of what our show should look like i guess...

and apparently he wasn't as impressed as everyone else in the stadium

But he gave us 1st in music... so I guess that shows we have improved greatly on music

mm, ok that explains a lot actually.

What is more shocking to me is Joshua's results.

two 9th's and a first? uhmmm...? Don't get me wrong, I really liked Joshua's show (from what I could see) but such a wide range is rather off. I actually wouldn't have given them 9th at all, probably 5th or 6th.

you know... this whole judging thing is making me think (and this is going to sound completely off and random...):

What if the State Marching Contest was a T.V. Reality Series like American Idol?

that'd be interesting. lol.

hahaha... do yall remember when MTV was going to do the marching band thing with Westfield?

um well sorry that you werent there and dont know what went down but heres my opinion on everything.. we did absolutely HORRIBLE in pre-lims and were pretty scared about even making finals and we ended up in first place with saginaw, azle, and boswell all in the bottom 5.

Hmmm... Well I was there. And you're right your prelims were awful. I heard that you made first place - how wonderful for you - however, the finals were done by draw and not ranking. In prelims Azle was 4th; Saginaw 5th and Boswell 9th. Looks like the luck is that the rumors weren't true and one of the bands didn't pull out. I feel badly for Springtown I thought they were the first place band of the evening!

Just sign me an informed parent!

Hmmm... Well I was there. And you're right your prelims were awful. I heard that you made first place - how wonderful for you -

Just sign me an informed parent!

I love the way you put that in a really rude way. Sarcastic much? I expected better, if not, positive comments, especially from a parent. Even posters who are 15 and 16 would never say that, and it shows the maturity you are placing.

I'm becoming more interested in this topic by all the negative comments and defending each other, etc.

4A State will be more of a dogfight the way I'm seeing it.

I'm looking forward to seeing as many bands as possible.

The way I see it:

the more bands I see, the more I learn about marching, the more fun I have, the more I get to miss school.

Bwahaha.

That's the perfect attitude, especially the school part!