BOA Arlington, TX Regional - Oct. 13 2007

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow again to Colleyville Heritage! Totally unexpected and awesome!

I too am surprised by Clear Brook's low showing. Like I said in another thread, I wonder what would have happened here had Reagan attended. I know a lot can change in a week, but it's almost surreal to think that Reagan may have been a borderline finalist at this regional.

A lot of really interesting things at this year's various regionals. Colleyville placing very high here was a bit of a surprise to me. They got third last week at Birdville and beat out Hebron today despite placing behind them last week. Great job, Colleyville. I really wish I could've seen the show live.

Berkner made finals after a two or three year BOA hiatus. Frank Troyka must've done some good stuff over there to get them back into shape. Congrats, Berkner on being back in the BOA crowd.

On top of all that, Brazoswood not making finals last week, Hebron not making it today. Just like the BCS polls, Texas BOA Regionals has all gone to heck. San Antonio is gonna be a madhouse. Nothing makes sense anymore. :D

It'll be interesting to see the recaps on Monday, to say the least.

Will there be a spreadsheet available that covers the scoring for all the bands?

I was the one that did the sheets for BOA Houston last week. I was working a marching competition in Laredo yesterday so I wasn't in Arlington. I will be in San Antonio for the Super Regional and Indianapolis for Grand Nationals.

arlington was amazing

princton was that the name? anyways they did alot better than i expected. they had a really cool idea. they seem like the kind of band that just needs to be pushed a little more by thier staff an then they would be really good.

i still think hebron should have been in finals. thats one of the best ive seen them perfrom. they had the whole crowd going too. i thought they were really good.

richland was really good. they've always been good but the past few years they seemed like they were in kind of a slump not a really bad one just not themselves and last night they had it back

coppell did really well. they seem like they have cleaned alot of stuff up. and i loved the gaurds outfits.

westfield was also another good one. they catch your attention from the very beginning with the lone soloist and field entry. my only problem with this show is that it kept the same mood the whole time. but they played very well

l d bell-- wow... they were really good. their gaurd pulled me away from the rest of the show though. they looked like they were stuck in pillowcases. it was wierd. they always have the strangest things in their shows. but they always seem to do a good job with it all. and once again their marching was outstanding.

marcus i was in a type of trance the whole time. the flute and oboe soloists sounded amazing. their marching has improved so much from last year. they still play better than anything plus some more. i had the joy of listening to them after retreat they all got in arcs and played the music. it sounded even better than when they were marching. it gave me goose bumps. during the show i felt so sorry for the lady bug tho. he was being chased everywhere.

i loved everything about the arlington performences. they were all so good!