Carrolton TOC

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

centennial:

4:30-6:30 on everday except wednesday, which is 4:30-6:00 for church.

if i calculated correctly, that adds up to 7 hrs and 30 mins a week. and i thought all bands get right on the edge of the 8 hr rule.

our hours are

Mondays 3:30-5:30

Tuesdays 3:30-6:30

Wendsdays OFF!

Thursdays 3:30-6:30

Fridays SHOW DAY!

Yea. You added it up right. We only practice 7 and 1/2 hours. It kinda sux, but i guess we still do alright. lol, its better than two years ago, we used to practice 530-830 monday nights and then tues-thurs 700-800 AM!!!! thats only 6 hours, and since it was in the morning, it was really inefficient practice time. that really sucked

Grapevine, which we did have our whole show on the field, we just didn't have much time to clean it, practices:

4:00 to 6:00 Mondays

4:00 to 6:30 Tuesdays

Nothing on Wednesdays for multiple reasons

4:00 to 5:30 Thursdays

7:00 to 8:00 am Fridays

which adds up to 7 hours so we have an additional hour for sectionals and such on wednesdays and thursdays

In my results, Creekview had first place. They were cleaner, especially in finals compared to Wylie.

I don't know how closely anyone paid attention, but when you look at a marching show, just having each set clean isn't enough. The transitions between each set also have to be clean. Many of the sets in Wylie's show during finals were good, but the transitions were horrible. Straight lines I think were the worst. The visuals were well together and I think the guard had an amazing performance. I was at the back for this performance, so it was hard to get an accurate overview of the entire production. When Wylie was facing the back of the field(towards me) the tuning in the brass section was sort of disturbing. I don't know if it was just me, the wind, the stadium, or what, but I really didn't like that part of the show. Don't get me wrong. Their sound was awesome from what I could tell when they were facing in the front. I didn't exactly understand the guard in this part of the show. Maybe the concept was beyond me, but the cloak-like things were just there. The final flag feature was awesome and very together. Out of all the bands I saw, they handled the wind the best. The closer(I think it was the closer) sounded great. Wylie had a fantastic prelims performance. I had them in first in Prelims, but after the dirty drill and tuning issues in finals, Creekview moved to first for me.

Creekview has an excellent show concept this year. From what i remember last year, their overall sound and blend is tons better than it was last year, and they had an excellent musical performance in both prelims and finals. I think halfway through the show the concept is sort of lost, but is picked back up in the end. I think this just has to do with the lack of visuals and a complete show. I am sure they will add the proper things needed to make this show go places. I am sad they aren't going to BOA Arlington, but hopefully I get to see them sometime later in the season. Creekview's drill overall was interesting and for the most part clean. Their marching technique surpassed what they looked like in prelims. In prelims it seemed like many forgot about their technique and focused on getting to their sets. It is early in the season, so i am not going to be too hard on them for that. In finals this seemed to disappear and their technique was great. Haha, BASICS BLOCK IS WORKING! :] I should have done this last night because now I barely remember what i was going to say about them musically. I think the guard needs to be a little more involved within the drill. Last year the band I was in got knocked because for pretty much the whole closer, the guard was around the back of the field, away from the band. Just a little more color integration would definitely make this show a little more appealing.

Either way, Creekview and Wylie were great.

I think something that is helping Wylie so much this year is the adding of Todd Dixon as the director. I have to admit, I have never admired that guy, but what he does is pretty darn good. Drill writing could be better, but the musical portion is kickA$$.

http://www.nshsband.org/toc/TOC2007Rslt.pdf

a 99 for music? this early in the season? wow

looks like it was our GE and percussion that held us down again. Same way it was last year... odd.

although, prelims our ge didn't hurt us that badly. It was the percussion scores (15th OUT OF 18?!? WOW! I wonder what they're doing wrong...). And our guard placed top 6! That's awesome!

Well we are certainly proud of our top 3 finishes in GE (2), Music (3), Guard, and Percussion, but we definitely have much to work when it comes to marching (15 in prelim, 8 in final).

haha wanna know something funny?

our band director wrote your show and our show, and u beat us in GE...lol.

our GE score was wierd, 7th in prelims, 3rd in finals.

I thought all the bands at TOC were phenomenal, some stood out of the crowd more than others. My personal favorite had to have been Sachse("Departure" - The airplane show). I don't know what it was, the drum major podium held my attention for a while with the flashing lights. :)

So TOC was awesome.... Congrats to Wylie and everybody else that competed.. It's true our fourth movement has more visuals on the way. I'm glad to hear all the positives on the puppet theme. I wish I could have gotten to see more of the shows........

If i did, I'd have more to say.

Is that you Ben???

I thought all the bands at TOC were phenomenal, some stood out of the crowd more than others. My personal favorite had to have been Sachse("Departure" - The airplane show). I don't know what it was, the drum major podium held my attention for a while with the flashing lights. :)

I didn't notice the lights until Finals... but once that happened, I couldn't stop starring. :blink: I have an addiction to flashing things. hahah

i think sachse's show was corny but they marched it so well u just have to love it.

i think the best part was when the colorguard tossed a sabre that went like 100 feet in the air and purposely didnt catch it...so many things ran through my mind as the sabre was spinning. i was like omg if she catches that i will run out of this stadium.

i think sachse's show was corny but they marched it so well u just have to love it.

i think the best part was when the colorguard tossed a sabre that went like 100 feet in the air and purposely didnt catch it...so many things ran through my mind as the sabre was spinning. i was like omg if she catches that i will run out of this stadium.

haha, when it dropped I jumped in my seat and was like "OH CRAP!!! THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!!"

and then the next thing I hear...

"wanna get away?"

AWESOME!

they did an "in flight movie" sort of thing, and started playing Pirates of the Carribean, and the band made a bunch of circles around one girl who had been acting like a pirate. She threw the saber literallly like... 15 feet up, and the purposely dropped and missed it. The whole band like slapped their heads and was like "OH!" but then they had a "flight attendant" who said Immediatly after "Wanna get away?"

hah. I loved it!