Carrolton TOC

I loved Mansfields show. Favorite one of the day actually. You guys sounded great on some extemely hard music and drill. Get it cleaner and itll be amazing.

As far as the sax quartet goes(I may be thinking of a different band, but if i remember right), it sounded pretty good but there was either someone sticking out of the balance or the tuning was a bit off(this was in finals). Other than that, sounded pretty darn good.

I liked Creekview's show too. The puppet idea makes for a great show. Once you guys add some more visuals, should be a very effective show. Good luck to you guys with that.

Sachse's show I personally did not like. I am by NO means, saying that it was not performed well, they marched the heck out of that show, nor am i saying that the concept was a bad idea, it made for a good show. I just dont really care for that type of show. They really performed well tho.

And of course, congratz to Wylie

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

radchad, you really like hyping Mansfield, don't you? I'm sorry, but I"m just really tired of reading your posts that constantly remind everyone on these forums about how hard their show is. You don't need to. Let the band speak for themselves.

Besides that, congratulations to Wylie for winning TOC. It's nice to see them back in the mix and placing high in competitions. Also, yea, Creekview! I was out playing tennis Saturday morning, and I could hear the band warm up from about a mile away. It was pretty cool music and stuff. I'll be really interested in seeing at BOA Arlington.

Congratulations to all the bands on a great competition!

radchad, you really like hyping Mansfield, don't you? I'm sorry, but I"m just really tired of reading your posts that constantly remind everyone on these forums about how hard their show is. You don't need to. Let the band speak for themselves.

Besides that, congratulations to Wylie for winning TOC. It's nice to see them back in the mix and placing high in competitions. Also, yea, Creekview! I was out playing tennis Saturday morning, and I could hear the band warm up from about a mile away. It was pretty cool music and stuff. I'll be really interested in seeing at BOA Arlington.

Congratulations to all the bands on a great competition!

Okay..

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to annoy anyone.

That was just my thoughts on that one band. I plan on making the same thing for the others. They just happened to be the easiest to speak of.

But it is my opinion, and there is nothing in this forum stating that I cannot do so.

If you have anymore problems with it, could you next time PM me with it instead of taking it public?

Okay..

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to annoy anyone.

That was just my thoughts on that one band. I plan on making the same thing for the others. They just happened to be the easiest to speak of.

But it is my opinion, and there is nothing in this forum stating that I cannot do so.

If you have anymore problems with it, could you next time PM me with it instead of taking it public?

Of course. I apologize for making it public.

My Favorite show of the night was easily Creekview! I was easily entertained the entire time!

Also, Sachse and Aledo topped my favorites of the night off as well. I didn't get to see the Colony, so no opinion on them.

Mansfield was really really good, and even though they didn't compete, I was wowed by Newman Smith's exhibition performance.

I think what really would have pumped up Mansfield's show was the tuning during the woodwind choir sections. If that get's improved (which would really only take like... an hour or so and I can completely see happening by the end of this week if it's worked on) then I think that show would (and will) be one for the record books.

I hear a lot of you guys saying that Wylie surprised you this weekend.

Well, when you consider the fact that Todd Dixon is now in charge of their marching band, it should not be surprising.

He deserves a lot of credit for bringing a school, who, last year, didn't even have one player make the all region band, to a band winning a contest with some solid bands.

I was not at this contest, but hearing you guys saying how Wylie sounded good does not surprise me. He is nothing short of a musical genius.

Really? I find it hard to believe Wylie didn't have a single student make the all region band last year, especially since they moved to Region 25. They usually have an all stater or two, even when they were in hyper-competitive Region 3.

Not to take away credit from Todd Dixon, but Wylie was pretty darn good under Mike Lipe as well......

Really? I find it hard to believe Wylie didn't have a single student make the all region band last year, especially since they moved to Region 25. They usually have an all stater or two, even when they were in hyper-competitive Region 3.

Not to take away credit from Todd Dixon, but Wylie was pretty darn good under Mike Lipe as well......

Yeah they were okay last year but we should all expect them to explode this year and in the recent future.

They were "on the rise" last year and are now ready to be taken seriously.

So TOC was awesome.... Congrats to Wylie and everybody else that competed.. It's true our fourth movement has more visuals on the way. I'm glad to hear all the positives on the puppet theme. I wish I could have gotten to see more of the shows........

If i did, I'd have more to say.

So TOC was awesome.... Congrats to Wylie and everybody else that competed.. It's true our fourth movement has more visuals on the way. I'm glad to hear all the positives on the puppet theme. I wish I could have gotten to see more of the shows........

If i did, I'd have more to say.

woh! head drum major!

I bow down to you! I'd have loved to have done that puppet master part at the beginning with the sticks and strings.

haha truthfully, im glad creekview isnt going, gives us a bit more breathing room to make finals *karma cap*

TOC finals results

from what i remember...

10-grapevine

9-

8-

7-

6-aledo

5-

4-sacshe

3-mansfield

2-creekview

1-wylie

music-wylie

marching-creekview

general effect-wylie

colorguard-north mckinney(who didnt even make finals)

drumline-grapevine

drum major-aledo

can anyone fill in the rest for me?